Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Heading For Eastern Washington, Need Some Info Please

Date: 05/29/15 18:15
Heading For Eastern Washington, Need Some Info Please
Author: TTM

Hi everyone, am heading for Eastern Washington area on Monday and will be in the area for 4 or 5 days.  Would like to find out the days some of the short lines run. I know Funnelfan has a web site but don't remember what it is. Some of the roads we would like to catch are Eastern Washington Gateway, Kettle Falls International, St Maries, Washington and Idaho, Pend Oreille Valley, Palouse River & Coulee City and Central Washington.  Thanks for any help.

Tom

Date: 05/29/15 19:50
Re: Heading For Eastern Washington, Need Some Info Please
Author: funnelfan

My old website that is still out there is way out of date and I have no control over it. As for shortlines, here is the info I have;

Eastern Washington Gateway; Will be heading west to spot hoppers Sunday, and then back east Monday night to pick them up.
W&I; Probably won't run out of Marshall until Tuesday morning if they have any cars.
KFI; They generally run Monday through Saturday morning, with a daily morning job northbound out of Kettle Falls to Northport and another to Grand Forks about 3 times a week, and a over night job to Chewelah and back to do a headlight meet with the BNSF Chewelah turn.
POVA; 5 day a week job that starts out at Preist River or Newport in the morning and works it's way to Sandpoint and then leaves there about 11am and works back to Newport.
St Maries River RR; operates M-W-F to do a headlight meet with the UP's Plummer Turn. M,W is done later in the day while Friday is earlier
UP Plummer Turn; M-W-F with the M-W departure about 2pm out of East Spokane and a morning departure on Friday
BNSF Chewelah Turn; departs Spokane Yardley about 7-8pm northbound, and departs Valley, WA about 6am southbound
BNSF Sandpoint Turn; is a Sun-Fri with a quick afternoon round trip to Sandpoint
BNSF Lind Turn; departs Erie St Yard in Spokane about 3pm for Cheney, often goes to Tokio and sometimes Ritzville and Lind.

Info subject to have already changed.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 05/29/15 20:16
Author: TTM

Thanks for your help Ted.

Tom

Date: 05/29/15 21:40
Author: irhoghead

The KFR out of Kettle Falls has something running seven days a week.  The San Poil Job (10 AM or later) to Grand Forks runs M/W/F.  The Valley Job (0700) works around Kettle M-Sa.  The Quirk Turn (0600) runs up to Columbia Gardens, BC Sunday-Friday.  The Chewelah Turn (1700 or later) runs Sunday-Friday also.

Date: 05/30/15 03:56
Author: robj

Thats a great rundown!!!  Thanks

Bob Jordan

Date: 05/31/15 12:37
Author: SilvertonRR100

A lot of territory in "Eastern Washington"

PCC, found their turn from Walla Walla in Wallula mid afternoon on Thrusday, followed them east a ways.  Four GP-40s and 26 cars.

Lewiston, ID.  Two shortlines.  BGCM comes into town in morning and again in afternoon I hear.  They switch cars and head back east.  Several spots in a couple of miles.  Not sure how far they run.  Nicely panted ex ATSF 1639.  WAMX power in town including 1505 (Great Northwest Railroad) which was switching around town.  Nice drawbridge over Snake River, but all movements we saw were at night.

Potlatch, my son caught a train there mid morning a few weeks ago on a Thursday.

Many lines may not run every day.

Hope this helps some.

Rob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/15 08:33 by SilvertonRR100.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0438 seconds