Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > ABBBBA sets

Date: 05/29/15 19:25
ABBBBA sets
Author: RCPE_Hogger

Are there any other states where the BNSF regularly run ABBBBA sets of GP60s besides Northern Washington State? I would like to get some photos on my next vacation coming up.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/30/15 00:17
Re: ABBBBA sets
Author: andrewamtrak

Short answer no. I believe almost all of the GP60B's are in Washington state, with maybe a couple elsewhere.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/15 00:18 by andrewamtrak.

Date: 05/30/15 08:15
Author: MP90

Is this what you are looking for? Taken at Valley,Wa. Sept. of 2013.

Date: 05/30/15 17:51
ABBBBA sets
Author: amtrak34east

Here is the Chewelah Turn last Saturday(5/23/15) with the BNSF 2352, BNSF 327, BNSF 336, BNSF 346, BNSF 335 and BNSF 2781 departing Valley, WA just after sunrise(1), in full sunlight at Loon Lake, WA(2), and around the curve off the tangent between Clayton and Deer Park, WA(3).
This train runs from Spokane, WA to Chewelah, WA and return (M-SPOCHW/M-CHWSPO), departing Spokane Monday-Friday night around 1900, and returning south Tuesday-Saturday morning from Chewelah around 4am, arriving Spokane between 10am-12pm.  Long, heavy trains and decent grades in both directions, along with tight curvature warrant this train to have ample 4 axle horsepower to get the train over the road. I believe this train also runs as a local symbol north from Spokane to Chewelah Sunday morning and back south from Chewelah to Spokane Monday morning, but the symbol escapes me at the moment.
There was also a GP60B paired to a GP28M in Yardley in Spokane being used as yard switching set as well. Also I hear a few locals from Everett, WA north have some GP60B's for power in consist as well.

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

Date: 05/30/15 18:16
Author: mtnwestrail

Really nice photos by both of you.  Thanks for sharing this unique operation.

Paul Birkholz
Sheridan, WY

Date: 05/30/15 19:30

Yes thank you MP90 and Drew, that is very helpful. I'm trying to get pictures of them before they go to CSX. Very nice photos as well.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/30/15 20:07
Author: OICU812

Go to CSX?

Date: 05/30/15 22:29

Yeah aren't the GP60B and GP60M units going to CSX for a trade of some sort?

Posted from Android

Date: 05/31/15 07:14

Haven't heard anything about a trade, but that's not to say it won't happen. Being CSX is so short on 4 axle power, could be a good possibility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/15 07:16 by OICU812.

Date: 05/31/15 09:12
Author: redneckrailfan

RCPE_Hogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah aren't the GP60B and GP60M units going to CSX
> for a trade of some sort?
>
> Posted from Android

absolutely no truth to this. There is no motive power sale or trade going on between BNSF and CSX.

Bryan Jones
Brooks, KY
Bryan's Train Photos

Date: 05/31/15 09:33

Thanks for the info! Didn't this rumor start back in April as a bad joke someone posted?

Date: 05/31/15 10:24

Thanks for the confirmation Bryan. I had read somewhere about the trade that's why I was asking.

redneckrailfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RCPE_Hogger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah aren't the GP60B and GP60M units going to
> CSX
> > for a trade of some sort?
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
> absolutely no truth to this. There is no motive
> power sale or trade going on between BNSF and
> CSX.
>  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0589 seconds