Home Open Account Help 205 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus Train Over Needles Sub

Date: 07/01/15 18:52
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus Train Over Needles Sub
Author: slug96

On Tuesday, I made the treck out to the Needles Subdivision to try to catch the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus train. I woke up late from Los Angeles, 9AM, so trying to make it to Cadiz by noon seem pretty hard to do. Luckily the train lost time and BNSF didn't call a crew out of Needles till 2PM, which gave me enough time to make it out there. I chased the train from Cadiz to Barstow. Here are three shots from my day out there. The first shot was taken from Siberia, second at Dagget, then the third is at Barstow. It was an easy chase, especially with the train riding apporach lights from Cool Water into Barstow.

For the record, it got to 115 degrees at Amboy while I was there. I guess the heat scared everyone away since I was the only one out there chasing it. :}

Thanks for look!

Date: 07/01/15 20:37
Re: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus Train Over Needles
Author: DynamicBrake

Nice looking trio David.  Thanks for "toughing it out" and sharing your experience of the day.  That last shot is especially nice BTW.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 07/01/15 20:43
Author: SantaFeRuss

Nice photos! I was out there last week along the Transcon at Barstow. Missed this by a few days. Oh well!

SantaFeRuss

Date: 07/01/15 20:59
Author: 6088

I wonder how well the AC works on that train... I sure hope it can spit out ice cubes!

Date: 07/01/15 21:13
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice results, thanks for the effort.
JB

Date: 07/01/15 21:50
Author: zchcsse

Very nice set! 

-Tom

Date: 07/01/15 23:05
Author: Trains232

I guess the Dash9 was added at Barstow? Good Stuff David! 

Date: 07/01/15 23:59
Author: Railfan4Christ

Great stuff David! I guess this was the same power when it came off the UP in Phoenix. Thanks for posting.

Tom

Date: 07/02/15 00:03
Author: clem

Trains232 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess the Dash9 was added at Barstow?

I count three locos in each shot.

Date: 07/02/15 03:12
Author: blackcatd9

UP 4903 Lead, UP 4718 Middle, UP 3787 Trailer
They were with the consist at Daggett CA.
bcd9   ∑:=)

Date: 07/02/15 08:10
Author: Cajon92

I sure don't miss the heat ;-) 

Very nice shots, David. Really like your first image of the train out near Siberia. 

~Ryan

Date: 07/02/15 12:37
Author: rbx551985

The AC works just fine; so does the heat during winter.  The newer,  updated passenger car fleet on the two RBBB trains are VERY well maintained during the tours by the on-board Train Maintenance Dept. personnel.

Date: 07/02/15 14:03
Author: ns1000

NIIIIIIICE....!!

Date: 07/02/15 15:19
Author: djwilder

There is two generator cars One goes with the stock cars for heat, A/C, pumps water when they plit up the stock from the rest of the train  The other Generator car is next to the Pie Car also they have 2 portabe Generators when they have to split up the train They have a work Shopcar also 2 storage cars one is plumming and eleectric the other car is for railroad trucks witch they have to change out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0364 seconds