Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > South out of Denver.

Date: 06/30/16 11:23
South out of Denver.
Author: upheritage6

this was right around the time coal trains were at an all time low here in Colorado. Which is quite rare to not see a few. Whether sitting in the yard on the ready tracks, charging down the main, or even sitting in a siding. Coal trains haven't been too common. I was in south Denver. (Can't remember why) and i heard a train at Walnut. So i chased it down to Kalamath and caught it with good lighting. I've starting learning myself (as any other 16 year railfan old should). Kind of a valuable lesson to me. Shoot what you see. Whether its good or not, never know when you can see it again. I regret never taking many pictures at Burnham shops which bothers me a tad as now it is closed and seized operations. The big lesson is, don't pass up any neat opportunities you have people. Never know when you could see any GP38s or SD40-2s for much longer. Anyway back to the point. It was a little rare at this time to see a string of silver, ribbed cars topped with black rocks.
Anyway, BNSF ES44 6429 leads a loaded coal drag south out of Denver. 2/13/16

Date: 06/30/16 12:30
Re: South out of Denver.
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice shot, Noah!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 06/30/16 20:11
Re: South out of Denver.
Author: NH2006

Sweet! Break open the vault!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds