Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Just a few more from the Austin Sub

Date: 06/30/16 09:26
Just a few more from the Austin Sub
Author: PALuvR

Traffic has dried up since the bridge over the Brazos has reopened and deprived us of those detours. I read on another post that it will be shut down again due to shifting of the new piers. Will have to just wait and see what happens. Anyhow, here are a couple from yesterday and 2 more from this morning. All shots were in the mornings since it just getting too hot and humid for any PM photos.

1. Z-train hauling butt through Bergstrom  at 10:02 yesterday with UP 8690, 4882 and 7923.
2. At 10:18, these CEMEX loads out of Dittlinger with UP 6472 and 8453 rolled by

Date: 06/30/16 09:32
Re: Just a few more from the Austin Sub
Author: PALuvR

And this morning brought 2 more.

I appreciate y'all taking a look.

Mike

3. Ninety-four rock loads had been in Bergstrom Siding awaiting passage of #22. Here it is getting rolling NB with UP 5756, 8412 and 5896 at 09:25
4. Autoracks came through at 09:49 with UP 8817 and 8396.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/16 13:00 by PALuvR.

Date: 06/30/16 11:58
Author: sptno

Great pictures.  Almost getting too hot to get out and take train pictures.
Saw both trains near the Sneed siding.  The rock train was in the siding waiting for a south bound rock train and the auto train crew were in the shade at the highway overpass.
Interesting seeing a south bound rock train though.  What about the rock quarries between Austin and San Antonio.  Looked to be the same kind of limestone.
Make me wonder.
I know that there are different kinds of limestone.

Pat
South Austin,  TX

Date: 06/30/16 12:20
Author: Ritzville

Good to see you trackside Mike! I hear you on the weather. Been 95 for the last couple of days in my backyard also, lol. I don't do well in the excessive heat.

Larry

Date: 06/30/16 16:04
Author: SCKP187

Nice photos forthe day.  Glad you can at least get out for a while---I understand about the heat this last week.  
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds