Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Heritage & Specialty in Oklahoma . . .

Date: 07/28/16 17:18
Heritage & Specialty in Oklahoma . . .
Author: SCKP187

This past week Oklahoma has been the normal scorching hot and humid with the normal amount of trains running, but on a couple select days we saw some rare moments.

First was on July 26th  was a first time visitor in this area.  Probably the fanciest paint job I have ever witnessed--EMD 1503 Test Demo Tier 4 unit.  The plans were to shoot it traveling through OK but its train was annulled  for the day so I ended up haveing to go to Parsons KS to get the shot----to bad it wasn't leading----UP was testing to see how it trailed DIC. It ended up leaving Parsons earlier the next morning on a PSNL train.

Second was a classic---UP 1988 Katy Heritage Unit leading the MKCFW on former MKT rails at Keele Sdg just south of Vinita OK July 27th

Another train leaving Parsons KS July26 UP 4123-7340-4258-4796 with MDMFW (I believe, judging by the type of cargo)
Thanks for looking
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/28/16 17:55
Re: Heritage & Specialty in Oklahoma . . .
Author: Ritzville

Brian, send some of that nice looking variety to the Pacific Northwest, lol. That EMD 1503 is certainly a handsome unit along with UP 1988 Katy Heritage unit. Looks like a great day trackside! Very HOT in my backyard these days.

Larry

Date: 07/28/16 18:14
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice to see something special. Yes, that EMD scheme is something.
JB

Date: 07/28/16 19:33
Author: gp60

Nice Catches.

Date: 07/28/16 20:45
Author: CP_M260

Glad you were able to shoot the 1503, even with the extra drive. Nice catch on the 1988 as well! 

-Dalton 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.043 seconds