Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Saint Maries River Railroad Operations

Date: 10/30/04 16:02
Saint Maries River Railroad Operations
Author: CyberFoamer

Hello there,
Hopefully on Tuesday I'll get a chance to do some railfanning istead of engineering homework. I would like to see the Saint Maries River Railroad operate between Clarkia and St. Maries. Does anyone on this board know roughly when the train leaves Clarkia? What about the run from Saint Maries to Plummer? When does the UP interchange with the STMA?

Thanks,

Casey

Date: 10/30/04 20:01
Re: Saint Maries River Railroad Operations
Author: hepkema

The current regular interchange from the UP at Plummer is on Mon-Wed-Fri. What days the STMA runs to Plummer and what days they go south on the branch are up to them. "Usual" operations for the past 2 years have been for a headlight meet at Plummer between 1 and 2 PM. This changed during the past summer when I heard that the STMA was going over on Tue-Thur. Later on (about August). I heard that they were back to "normal". If so, Tuesday would be a good chance for the branch. Now that D.S.T. is over with, the return north from Clarkia will probably be made during a lot of darkness.

rh
SPO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0312 seconds