Home Open Account Help 395 users online

Steam & Excursion > Chelatchie Prairie Railroad - a teaser photo

Date: 10/23/14 07:19
Chelatchie Prairie Railroad - a teaser photo
Author: mfmalk

http://www.losttracksoftime.com/p1067357470/e50178e7

All,

The above link to a teaser photo from my recent romp through Oregon & Washington State - participating in steam photo excursion charters at 5 different railroads in 9 days. I have other things that need to run through Photoshop first, I probably won't get to anything else for at least a month, but had to throw one out there.

Enjoy,
Matthew

Date: 10/23/14 07:32
Re: Chelatchie Prairie Railroad - a teaser photo
Author: LoggerHogger

Another good one Matthew. Glad you came along to join us.

Martin

Date: 10/23/14 07:38

Thanks Martin, and thank you more for all your time and efforts to create a great environment for us railfans to have the opportunity to create such photographs.

When I think of the Pacific Northwest, what comes to mind is moody, foggy, damp, wet, dimly lit, overcast, rustic logging and mining scenes - portrayed perfectly in this photo. We are very fortunate that timeless images like this still exist modern day...

Matthew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/14 07:40 by mfmalk.

Date: 10/23/14 13:02
Author: Mgoldman

You are such a tease.

Looking forward to the rest!

Matthew, I wonder - would it be possible to look into
a setting within the software you are using - Zenfolio? -
to provide followers with updates to your site? A
subscribe feature, vs your sporadic announcements on
TO's?

Cuz, you know, if it means seeing your shots one day
earlier! Lol.

/Mitch

Date: 10/23/14 19:52

Me a tease? Never!

Eventually my website hosting company will be introducing a feature to provide viewers with update notifications, I patiently wait.
Until then, per the old fashioned way, here are a few more - this time from the Mount Rainier Railroad in Elbe, WA.
Just another early autumn morning; moody as moody can be.

http://www.losttracksoftime.com/p680996437

Matthew

Date: 10/23/14 22:50
Author: Jim700

mfmalk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... Until then, per the old fashioned way, here are a
> few more - this time from the Mount Rainier
> Railroad in Elbe, WA.
> Just another early autumn morning; moody as moody
> can be.
>
> http://www.losttracksoftime.com/p680996437

Great morning photos, Matthew! Though I live a three-hour-drive south, a couple days beforehand I looked up the WeatherBug® prediction for Saturday in the Eatonville, WA area which showed just another ho-hum dry, sunny day that we'd been having for most of the summer and early fall. While the continuation of this very uncharacteristic Pacific Northwest weather pattern was enjoyed by many of the locals, I was concerned that it wasn't going to provide much variety during the long day for you photographers. How wrong WeatherBug® turned out to be!

The morning fog was really representative of what was encountered on PNW logging railroads "back in the day". It also provided the moisture on the rails which made things a bit slippery as you noticed. Then came the brilliant sunshine and finally a few rain squalls to provide more variety for your photos. I do wish that for your night photos that the railing on the bridge over Roundtop Creek had been on the upstream side so that the 17's wheels and rods would have been more visible.

I really enjoyed running the Hammond 17 for you that day. Your charter certainly provided a lot a variety for our crew and was a welcome variance to the standard Elbe-Mineral turns.

Do come back again!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0488 seconds