Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Steam & Excursion > Seeking Photos of C&O No. 490 at B&O Museum

Date: 02/24/15 03:25
Seeking Photos of C&O No. 490 at B&O Museum
Author: SDP40F600

A friend of mine is working on a modeling project of C&O 490 at the B&O museum in Baltimore and is looking for a local museum volunteer or railfan to help him by taking some detail pictures of the locomotive. If you think you can help, please let me know and I can have him send you a list of the areas of which he needs detailed photos

Thank you!

Date: 02/24/15 09:52
Re: Seeking Photos of C&O No. 490 at B&O Museum
Author: ClubCar

One of the good things that the management of the B&O Railroad Museum has done is to put the C&O 490 inside the former car shop building. With it inside it is very difficult to get good photos of the whole locomotive. You will be better off if someone on here has some old photos of this engine or one of its sisters. Also, you either have to belong to the museum or you will pay to get in to see the engine.

John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 02/24/15 18:08
Author: WoodwardEJ

Here are two images of the nose of C&O #490, taken November 23, 2007. Those are the only two of 490 I captured. Hope they are of some value.

Jim W.

Date: 02/24/15 20:44
Author: SmokieMountainSteam

I live less then 10 miles from the Museum an I am also a member. If you need some photos contact me and let me know what you are after. I am out of town for the next ten days but when I get home I will be glad to help. Just let me know.

Date: 02/24/15 23:09
Author: prr4828

I would be interested in pix of C&O 1604. PM to discuss if you're agreeable to having a second reason to visit the museum on the day you image 490.

Thank you,

* JB *

SmokieMountainSteam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live less then 10 miles from the Museum an I am
> also a member. If you need some photos contact me
> and let me know what you are after. I am out of
> town for the next ten days but when I get home I
> will be glad to help. Just let me know.

Date: 02/26/15 09:36
Author: Rivannaco

Can also go to the COHS.org website and search the archives or make a specific request...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2561 seconds