Home Open Account Help 400 users online

Steam & Excursion > First Visit to Cass - 1

Date: 05/24/15 09:34
First Visit to Cass - 1
Author: africansteam

After years of failed attempts to make the Cass Railfan weekend I finally made it and it was a fabulous experience!
Presented here in no particular order are some images from the three days.
Cheers,
Jack

What's a little chilly water when yor subject is a three truck heisler on a bridge?

"Look at all the happy creatures. . . ."

"Scarcely 40 feet stood between 'em when they went to make their play, and the swiftness of their shutters is still talked about today. . .
- with apologies to Marty Robbins

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/15 13:53 by africansteam.

Date: 05/24/15 09:38
Re: First Visit to Cass - 1

The rare Cheat Mountain Salamander. Thanks, Paul!

Foreign visitors, from China someone said. I think they got some great pictures on the last day as they eleced to chare rather than ride.

A quiet moment at Whittaker.

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 05/24/15 12:23
Author: bobc19024

I particularly enjoy the photo of Heisler #6 where the engineer (looks like Earl Knoob) is taking pictures of those taking pictures of the locomotive.

Date: 05/24/15 12:57

bobc19024 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I particularly enjoy the photo of Heisler #6 where
> the engineer (looks like Earl Knoob) is taking
> pictures of those taking pictures of the
> locomotive.

That is Earl!

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 05/24/15 14:28
Author: nycman

Jack, thanks for the coverage not only of the steam show, but also the fans who appreciate these events.  Lots of great photos must have been taken.  I would like to see Earl's.

Date: 05/24/15 18:02
Author: elueck

Earl has posted a couple of his pics on the Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum.   I sometimes think that he has as much fun taking photos as those of us in the photo lines.

He has been a little busy this week, in that the whole D&GV crew went down to Spencer on Monday to load BC&G #4 up on three trucks for transport to Cass on Tuesday and Wednesday, then come back and unload the trucks at Cass and get ready for opening weekend starting Friday at Cass.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0576 seconds