Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Nostalgia & History > RITS ????

Date: 07/21/14 20:53
RITS ????
Author: rrman6

I once was a charter member to the Rock Island Technical Society, but over the last 40 some years I've lost contact with this group. It's my understanding this historical group is no longer active, but I'd like to make contact with some of the members whom might yet be active in gathering or preserving history of the Ri or modeling of the same. Any contact information, e.g., website, email, or other contact info would be most appreciated. At this time, my primary interest is in locating photos and information regarding the #3 & #4 Golden State passenger train from 1948 through its termination in 1963. Thanks in advance to any helping here.

Date: 07/21/14 23:50
Re: RITS ????
Author: ts1457

The following was posted a few days ago on the Passenger Car List at Yahoo Groups:

<<
This is to introduce the Rock Island Reporter, which was started in
December, 2013 to replace the RITS publications, which were stopped in 2013
because of events that began in 2010.

The Rock Island Reporter is free to e-mail addresses only, we have no paper
distribution. 3 issues are out, the 4th is being set up now. The sign-up
link is: http://eepurl.com/Ut8UL Please pass this link to anyone who may be
interested in the Rock Island. Stories and smaller articles welcome.

I can send copies of the first 3 from here to any e-address I have. I also
would appreciate updates of any listings no longer valid.

No E-Mail?: Remember the Rock, edited by Phil Weibler; Andover Jct. Pubs.,
PO Box 500, Mendota, IL 61342. Two 80-page issues $40.00. Back issues
available.

Dave Engle; RIRocket@att.net, Kansas City, clerk
>>

Date: 07/22/14 06:25
Re: RITS ????
Author: chico

No offense to yahoo list fans or to the old RItS establishment, such that it still may exist, but I suggest you join the Facebook page "fans of the Rock Island"

It is a wonderful source of info and life experiences from ex Rock employees and fans. It is a closed group so you have to ask to join, but all are approved by the moderator who is simply keeping the BOTs and spammers at bay.

Chico

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/14 06:26 by chico.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0478 seconds