Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Nostalgia & History > NS Crew Change at Manassas, VA, 1989

Date: 04/23/15 12:12
NS Crew Change at Manassas, VA, 1989
Author: RFandPFan

I just started digitizing my old VHS videos and this is a clip from a crew change that took place on October 20, 1989 at Manassas, Virginia.  A southbound manifest freight is coming off the NS "B" Line and changing crews as it heads south.  

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/23/15 14:16
Re: NS Crew Change at Manassas, VA, 1989
Author: crewcaller

Thanks for the memories. This might be 155. The auto racks came off the ENRO at Hagerstown;MD  and would be set off to go  south on either 155 or 157. 157 would only run if there was enough traffic to justify two southbounds in those days.  That meant that 157 normally ran late in the week when they would have the most traffic.. The extra power on the headend was probably off the two northbounds, 154 and 156 the previous day. The crew getting the train from the  Manassas- Hagerstown pool crew looks like a Danville District crew. At that time; Manassas to Linwood runthroughs were  divided between Northend crews out of Manassas and Southend (Danvllle District) crews out of Linwood, NC. This lasted till about 92 or 93 when the long pool was abolished and they went  back to a Manassas to Lynchburg and a Lynchburg to Linwood crew district. Nice to see equipment that was clean and you could whose road it was. 

Date: 04/23/15 23:44
Author: Appalachianrails

Cool seeing the 3170 back in 89. No one could have predicted back then it would still linger on in 2015 and return back to its Southern colors in revenue service!

Date: 04/24/15 06:09
Author: RFandPFan

Crewcaller...thanks very much for that detailed info.  My memory has faded from so many years ago, and as you can see by my Trainorders handle, I spent the majority of my time watching the "other" railroad!  Thanks again.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds