Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Nostalgia & History > Good photo reference for N&W bluefield

Date: 05/03/16 23:44
Good photo reference for N&W bluefield
Author: steam290

I am modeling a freelance railroad in HO that has a fictionalized connection with the Norfolk and Western in Bluefield West Virginia. I need some good images of Bluefield from the early 1950s, including color images of the passenger station and other railroad buildings if possible. I already have quite a few Norfolk and Western books, but if anyone has a specific resource for Bluefield I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. The best reference I have found thus far is in, "Norfolk and Western passenger service, 1946 through 1971" by William E. Warden. This contains the only picture I can find of the Bluefield passenger station, and unfortunately it is in black-and-white. I don't particularly like the way the station looks in this photograph, so hopefully I can find a better image of it that makes it look more appealing or shows the track side as apposed to the street side.

Also, I'd like an areal shot or map of the 1950s Bluefield yard if anyone knows where I can find one. My model will be very abbreviated of course, but I hope to accurately portray part of bluefield to make the whole model seem more realistic. Maybe I can add a touch of history to the fiction.

Thanks!

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/16 23:50 by steam290.

Date: 05/04/16 08:43
Re: Good photo reference for N&W bluefield
Author: Train484

Date: 05/05/16 02:16
Re: Good photo reference for N&W bluefield
Author: steam290

Thank you. This should help

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0595 seconds