Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Nostalgia & History > Movie Cat Ballou - Where was it filmed

Date: 03/14/04 00:51
Movie Cat Ballou - Where was it filmed
Author: john1082

There are some railroad scenes in the movie Cat Ballou. Any information and where and when it was filmed? It was released in '65. Some of the cars are marked Colorado Southern, locomotive carries road nuber 51, I believe.

Date: 03/14/04 18:52
Re: Movie Cat Ballou - Where was it filmed
Author: Ed_Gyptian

IIRC some was shot on the narrow gauge Durango line and some was shot on the Great Western .

Date: 03/15/04 05:45
Author: trainmanwes

The railroad scenes were shot on the D&RGW line west of Pueblo Colo. on the Tennesesee Pass Sub. Ex. Great Western # 51 2-8-0 (from the sugar company of the same name) was used and is still around, being rebuilt by the owner at this time. The cars were rebuilt from old Colorado & Southern Maint. of way cars at the C&S shops in old Rice yard in Denver. The none rail scenes were shot at Buckskin Joes, an old west tourist town near Canon City Colo. I think all the railroad scenes were done in the summer of 1964. I was around Denver, when the movie train left on the rear of a C&S, frieght train to Pueblo Colo.

Date: 03/15/04 17:36
Author: john1082

Thanks gang!

Date: 03/15/04 20:01
Author: grande473

I think Cat Ballou was filmed in 1965, but it might have been 1964, near Texas Creek, west of Parkdale. I remember hearing the movie train whistle from my school room as it left town. The TV stations showed the train being brought down on the end of a C&S freight. The train was slow ordered to 20 mph. The engine was kept hot on the trip from Denver.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds