Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday, one "two tone green"

Date: 02/01/16 09:33
MLW Monday, one "two tone green"
Author: hoggerdoug

Early morning April 1985, train #38 the "OV" at the north switch Mackin BC. No doubt I was on the "VO" waiting in the siding for this meet. The VO - OV job out of Williams Lake were among my favorite to work. Early start out of Williams Lake, short rest at Prince George and a nice early evening start home. The OV was a good train to handle with a lot of TOFC on the tailend, remotes somewhere mid-train. Quick pick up at Quesnel, quite often a small lift at Gibraltar as well.  Doug

PS: Rick, it's two tone green, that will make you happy!!!

Date: 02/01/16 09:54
Re: MLW Monday, one "two tone green"
Author: Helo-Mech

As always, wonderful photos Doug. Thanks!

Mike N.

Date: 02/01/16 12:07
Author: rschonfelder

Doug,
We have something in common in that we both rode in the cab of the 718.  However, only one of us got paid for it.  I am still waiting for my cheque.

Love the green.
Rick

Date: 02/01/16 12:24
Author: hoggerdoug

rschonfelder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doug,
> We have something in common in that we both rode
> in the cab of the 718.  However, only one of us
> got paid for it.  I am still waiting for my
> cheque.
>
> Love the green.
> Rick

Rick, put a claim in, I'm still waiting for a few of mine to be paid. BCR was always prompt at paying or denying a claim with good reason or explanation. CN is another story. Ah, fine memories of Payroll Pam and the most famous, Doctor NO in Edmonton. Then again, some CN supervisors would tell us "make the claim and I'll authorize it". Only to be denied and the Supervisor denies authorizing it.  Doug

Date: 02/01/16 18:24
Author: BCR4619

Yummy!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds