Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Canadian Railroads > Tropical weather not here just yet...

Date: 04/23/16 18:16
Tropical weather not here just yet...
Author: Ray_Murphy

I like April for railroad photography because on clear days the sun is high while the trackside vegetation retains its winter muted tones, making the trains really stand out.

Here is today’s CN 120 leaving the Taschereau Yard in Montreal a little later than usual. I’ve included a few of the containers on this train, including one of a CN generator container providing electrical power to the refrigeration units on some of the Tropical containers.

The last picture shows an interesting stacking: two 53’ containers over pairs of tank containers.

Ray 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/16 18:18 by Ray_Murphy.

Date: 04/23/16 18:17
Re: Tropical weather not here just yet...

---

Date: 04/24/16 04:19
Author: Brian_P

Very cool stuff.

Date: 04/24/16 13:00
Author: rschonfelder

Digital photography has advanced the interest and sharing of what comes after the locomotives.  If only it was around 100 years ago.

Great photos - thanks.

Date: 04/24/16 15:01
Author: Mberry

Not terribly common to see 120 on the freight track these days.... nice catch, as you can get a better shot on that track I find.

Date: 04/24/16 16:33

Mberry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not terribly common to see 120 on the freight
> track these days.

It may have something to do with the work at Turcot West - some of the Via trains were moved off the south track yesterday, too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds