Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Canadian Railroads > Parry Sound Ontario Question

Date: 09/15/16 17:15
Parry Sound Ontario Question
Author: algoma11

A friend and I are thinking of heading to Parry Sound for a couple of days, can anyone comment on present traffic levels?
Any day of the week busier than another?
​Thanks for any help.

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 09/15/16 18:39
Re: Parry Sound Ontario Question
Author: kgmontreal

On CN every day is pretty much the same.  They run about 14 trains every 24 hours, some in daylight, some at night.

KG

Date: 09/15/16 23:27
Author: mp51w

It's a neat town to explore.  They have a boat ride that takes you around the many islands too.
I stayed at a motel downtown that has a bar connected to it.  Lots of fun there!

Date: 09/16/16 03:02
Author: 55002

Hi - I visited Parry Sound on Sept 6th.Don't forget it's directional running, with northbound only over the trestle. (Not much warning, either).  There are photos of southbounds crossing the dam, but last week roadworks had started, and eventually there will be total road closure for a while.  On the day of my visit, once the sun had come round, we had a three hour wait for a northbound, followed quickly by 2 more. Nice ice cream while you are waiting, a couple of cafes,  and for once, it's a lovely place to wait!!  We stayed over night, had great food at a diner called Wellingtons. Chris UK.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds