Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > My Anniversary.....

Date: 06/09/16 14:20
My Anniversary.....
Author: Linndale

I hired out on the PENN CENTRAL in Cleveland, O.  6/9/69  47 years ago today (Yard Brakeman-Collinwood).
Employee # 692604....never forgot it.  Stayed on the railroad until May 27, 1972 when I joined the Navy.
5 man crews...16 hours days with plenty of overtime.  Wouldn't have missed it for the world.
One of my fonest memories was riding in an ex-CUT/NYC GP-9  PC 7301  running light down the lakefront from Rockport to Collinwood
at 50 MPH.  that geep swayed back and forth like you were riding on a cloud!
Gotta Love it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/16 17:50 by Linndale.

Date: 06/09/16 16:13
Re: My Anniversary.....
Author: ddg

You miss it too. I started in 2-69, and stuck it out till the end of 2010. I still have RR dreams, although they are usually more mixed up than the real thing was.

Date: 06/09/16 21:09
Re: My Anniversary.....
Author: cctgm

I started in August 1969 on the CNW at Huron SD while in college to pay for school and worked as a switchman and brakeman all through school and then back home to New Jersey and the Erie Lackawanna till Conrail then on to the Soo line then out to the WP and with the merger to the Missouri Pacific and the back to the UP until 1989 and then in the Shortline business until 2004 and  then rehired by the UP run the CCT and now in 2016 after almost 47 years and 18 moves on the railroad I am getting ready in the next few months to retire, I can't say it's all been fun but it always been interesting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds