Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Doswell diamond action and the BB

Date: 07/04/07 19:13
CSX Doswell diamond action and the BB
Author: GP35

Stopped by the former RF&P/C&O diamond at Doswell, Virginia this fourth of July afternoon and caught a couple of trains. I did not have my scanner so I can't give any train symbols. First I believe a CSX Q411 or Q415 hammered the diamonds going south with a couple of CSX GE widecabs in Bright future paint. Then a westbound graintrain on the C&O hammered the diamonds with CSX 7917 and HLCX 6401 for power. Photo's are taken from the public road crossing with a telephoto lens.

First pic is peek a boo I see you.

Second pic is here I am Mr. Widecab big nose.

Third pic is here's my assistant Mrs HLCX. Yeah shes not real pretty but she'll do.

Date: 07/04/07 19:24
Re: CSX Doswell diamond action and the BB
Author: GP35

Here are three Buckingham Branch geeps parked at the Doswell diamond. The gray geep is ex. Midsouth now BB # 11 , next is a former Gauley River RR GP16 now BB # 8, and the third geep is a GP16 BB # 2 in the red and gray BB paint scheme. The GP16's are of CSX heritage but I'm not sure of the ICG rebuild looking geep BB #11. Hope someone here fills me in on this. Sixth pic is a former SCL boxcar # 21523. Looks like the BB is using this boxcar for storage maybe.

Date: 07/04/07 19:44
Author: mjbobb

Looks like a little recent track work thru there as well!

Date: 07/04/07 19:46
Author: mderrick

BB 11 is ex MidSouth GP10 1076, former IC 8266. Rebuilt by IC at Paducah, KY.

Mike Derrick
http://www.shortlinesusa.com

Date: 07/05/07 09:45
Author: rbx551985

mjbobb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like a little recent track work thru there
> as well!

Yes: one of the supergang crews made the RF&P sub look like the RF&P Railroad -- and they said that themselves! Folks living several miles south of Doswell, in ASHLAND, have been remarking on how nice the track looks. The locals, who are NOT railfans, kept complaining to CSX about the mud-squirts up and down both tracks (for years), and now those are all fixed. Every single one.

NICE PICS. It's really nice to have that public grade crossing just north of the diamond -- standing between the two RF&P sub tracks looking south while empty trains crosses the diamond, westbound on the Piedmont Sub, you could usually feel the RF&P rails jiggling at the crossing -- even that far from the diamond. Not so easy, now that the RF&P sub tracks have been repaired to such an positive extreme.

Date: 07/05/07 10:15
Author: csxt5014

yeah stand in the middle of the tracks...not too smart even with a westbound coming...

Date: 07/06/07 21:57
Author: ChessieSystem

He was at least standing on the grade crossing at squashapenny junction. With that knowledge I really dont see the flame has tooth???

C27A

Date: 07/14/07 17:38
Author: csxt5014

ChessieSystem Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He was at least standing on the grade crossing at
> squashapenny junction. With that knowledge I
> really dont see the flame has tooth???
>
> C27A
sorry, but standing on the rails anwhere isn't a smart move..no matter whether at a road crossing or not...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0552 seconds