Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > EJ&E 703

Date: 11/16/12 07:45
EJ&E 703
Author: sugarcreek56

I came across EJ&E GP-38-2 #703 tying up Monday evening in Baldwin, IL on the former GM&O mainline. After a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, I want back to Baldwin and caught the local leaving to head east to Sparta, IL en route to its destination at Du Quoin, IL.

#1 After the air test, the local accelerates out of Baldwin across the 5th street crossing.

#2 Heading east along the former GM&O. This line was originally built as the narrow gauge St. Louis & Cairo Short Line.

#3 The local crosses Woodcox Road as it climbs the grade after crossing Plum Creek.

Date: 11/16/12 07:53
Re: EJ&E 703
Author: robj

Thanks, very nice. Where does the local operate from to?

Thanks,

bob jordan

Date: 11/16/12 08:04
Re: EJ&E 703
Author: sugarcreek56

The local originates at the yard in Du Quoin, IL on former IC mainline. It travels from Du Quoin to Coulterville (ex-IC), Coulterville to Sparta (ex-Missouri & Illinois) and Sparta to Baldwin (ex-GM&O), generally tying up overnight in Baldwin. It then reverses its route the next morning. The local will also work east from Sparta to Willisville (ex-GM&O) to a trans load facility at the former Captain Mine, crossing the UP (ex-MP) at Percy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds