Home Open Account Help 390 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The Pennsylvanian at Overbrook

Date: 07/19/14 13:08
The Pennsylvanian at Overbrook
Author: jonjonjonjon

The westbound Pennsylvania leaves Philadelphia proper through the interlocking at Overbrook, PA. The bridge it passes under is Route 1 (City Line Ave).

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/19/14 13:56
Re: The Pennsylvanian at Overbrook
Author: Out_Of_Service

nice video Jon ... the train tracking pretty good ... nice to see the switches holding up surface ... Overbrook has always been a sore spot for rough riding due to the difficulty of maintaining them on high superelvated curvature ... Overbrook is only a 1/2" less in super than Frankford Curve ... the problem is the long timbers under the adjacent track is such that when a switch is located on a curve the switch and the track has to be by design higher to keep surface due the weight of the adjacent track ... Overbrook is scheduled to be relocated east near the SEPTA Maintenance facility

Date: 07/19/14 14:21
Author: TRACKENGR

Nice video.

When riding westbound express trains through Overbrook I always pucker at when going through the trailing point tk 3 to tk 4 turnout on the straight side at speed.......the switch points give you a good kick.

Steve

Date: 07/19/14 16:42
Author: agrafton

Nice video.

Date: 07/22/14 05:29
Author: sp3663

Nice. Now, it there just were not so many wires. OMG!
That's one of the reason I don't do much rail fanning in
the Philly area.

Date: 07/22/14 09:31
Author: kato

Actually I like the wires, nothing says the Pennsylvania Railroad like catenary!

Date: 07/22/14 13:50
Author: Evan_Werkema

Pretty rare to catch an Amtrak train where the locomotive and cars have matching stripes anymore.

Date: 07/23/14 21:11
Author: AndyBrown

Nice video!

Does anyone know, is the rear car on this train equipped with all business class seating?

Andy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds