Home Open Account Help 187 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Cartier units loaded at Erie

Date: 07/05/02 16:20
Cartier units loaded at Erie
Author: highball

The last locomotive was hoisted over the railing at 5 pm today, Friday July 5.

Date: 07/05/02 16:27
Re: Cartier units loaded at Erie

Last unit being dropped into hold.

Date: 07/05/02 16:34
Author: nsrayman

neat shots man , thanks.

Date: 07/05/02 16:37

Taken Friday morning as loading commenced.

Date: 07/05/02 16:37
Author: xnj

Very cool shots! thanks for the update.

Date: 07/05/02 17:53
Author: calsubd

Yeah, thanks highball, I knew somebody would come through , thanks again ed

Date: 07/05/02 20:51
Author: zars

You may want to visit the Great Lakes Shipping site <www.boatnerd.com> and send your images to the "news channel." The Great Lakes boat fans would get a kick out of them too.highball wrote:

> The last locomotive was hoisted over the railing at 5 pm
> today, Friday July 5.
>
> [%sig%]

Date: 07/05/02 22:21
Author: exalcojim

Thanks a million highball, couldn't have asked for more. Hope you don't mind I posted the photos on a site I started for Cartier's GEs http://groups.msn.com/RTLANRT . I hope to be off when they get here to catch them unloading and return the favor.

Jim Redmond
Riding the last Alcos

Date: 07/06/02 12:15
Author: stuart

why are they b eing shipped by ship not by rail, does the cartier not connect to anyone ????
just wondering in Iowa
stuart

Date: 07/06/02 14:48
Author: TopcoatSmith

The Cartier does not connect with the outside world except via highway, air, and water. No rail conection.

TCSmith

Date: 07/06/02 18:45
Author: IndiaPapa

I would have thought that as a Canadian Stuart, you would know a little about Canadian geography.

Check out a map of Quebec and see just where the Cartier is.

The Cartier does not connect with any other railroad.

Safe driving to Renfrew.

BTW there is not much to see in Ottawa. VIA several times daily. Very little freight action.

IndiaPapa

Date: 07/07/02 13:12
Author: stuart

Till I saw pics here in the last few months I did not even know there was such a rail road..... where does it run to and from......
Canada is a big country and cannot be an expert on the whole place. all 3 851 809 square miles.....
US 3 536 278 square miles of US country....anyone here know the entire trackage of every railraod in the US......too much to follow and learn to be an expert...lots of little lines and lots of large lines in both countries.....
reading here i learned there are a few railroads in Canada with no tracks but they are in business on other company lines.....and there a few lines in Canada that still have share holder meetings and stuff but the tracks are long gone......
Kingston and Pembroke railroad comes to mind......tracks for the most part are gone. but see meeting notices in the local paper.
here to learn and share what i know.....not even pretending to be an expert on the railroad thru my home town in the Canada or the town i live in Iowa......just want to learn more
thanks
stuart

Date: 07/08/02 13:18
Author: toledopatch

Cartier runs 259 miles from the Gulf of St. Lawrence at Port Cartier, Que., to the iron mine at Mont-Wright, Que., near the Labrador border. In between is a vast expanse of wooded wilderness, inhabitated mostly by bears and porcupines.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0493 seconds