Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Time-lapse

Date: 02/17/16 17:04
Time-lapse
Author: howeld

I'm on a work trip to Pittsburgh tonight and don't want to spend the evening in the hotel so I have time to kill. Decided to try out the Time-Lapse feature.  Not going for any awards for cinematography so I just propped my phone up on the dashboard and hope for some trains. I got lucky with a near perfect meet between and WB stack and a EB coal at Homestead, PA.  Next time I need slower trains. 

Thanks go to PittsburghMike for tips on where to go.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/16 17:07 by howeld.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/17/16 17:39
Re: Time-lapse
Author: Pattenburg

Definitely very interesting.

Date: 02/17/16 17:46

One more for tonight.  

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/17/16 18:22
Author: ns6704

I bet you had a hard time counting all the rail cars, Very imaginative videoing and well done.

Date: 02/17/16 18:25
Author: darkcloud

Lulz, tp117 should be happy, you showed all the freight cars.

Date: 02/18/16 03:36
Author: JPB

Time Lapse mode is awesome. I'll try this with Pan Am trains to see if it appears to make them run faster! ;-)

Date: 02/18/16 20:43
Author: CShaveRR

I wish I could slow down the time-lapse feature on my phone.  I shot an entire run on Metra's UP West line (Elburn to Chicago, about 45 miles) out of the cab-car vestibule window about a year ago, and it took 24 seconds.  In that time we met or passed about 11 other trains, saw the NS's heritage unit for the original NS, and UP's D&RGW heritage unit, went through both sets of new crossovers west of Elmhurst.  But one has to be looking very carefully to catch all of this (in fact, the D&RGW unit didn't show up on any of the frames).

Carl Shaver
Lombard, IL

Date: 02/19/16 05:26

I agree. It would be nice if you could set the frame rate. It is just too fast unless train is creeping.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds