Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A little sun can help a nose...the 35N with 1072.

Date: 02/17/16 17:27
A little sun can help a nose...the 35N with 1072.
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

After getting up from working nights for the first time in seventeen years I got word the NS 35N had the NS 1072 Illinois Terminal leading.  Turns out she left Conway with a HAZMAT tanker (placard 1075) behind the engine. They had to stop at Alliance to put the tanker twenty six deep in the train.  Had to run to Berea to snag it but turns out the sun came out briefly.  Have a good Thursday everyone.  Keep in your prayers fellow security officer who was stabbed in the neck and abdomen by a pscychiatric patient at one of our sister Akron area hospitals. Stabbing took place last night.  He is in serious condition after hours of surgery. Thanks...

Date: 02/17/16 18:07
Re: A little sun can help a nose...the 35N with 1072.
Author: Ky-Woody

Those are two nice photos of one of My favorite units . Thanks for posting.
F. Rankin

Date: 02/17/16 18:07
Author: CNW8531

Nice shot, and all EMD's, too!!

Date: 02/17/16 19:24
Author: SlipperyWhenWet

26 deep, that's absurd, it only need to be 6 deep. No way would I come off with an additional 20 cars for nothing

Posted from Android

Date: 02/17/16 20:04
Author: MP_RD65

When I saw them switch out the car at Alliance they only came back with 5 cars from their train to put ahead of the hazmat car. There was an MVRY gondola, YKR boxcar, GRW gondola, FURX carbon black car and a CMO covered hopper. Then they picked up the tank car which would make it the sixth car in the train. Unless they did more switching that I didn't see the hazardous tank car should have been the sixth car in the train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds