Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RBBB Circus Train Photos

Date: 11/15/04 17:17
RBBB Circus Train Photos
Author: JET

Head end today on the NS Wabash. NS 047 is the symbol. The train was traveling from Pontiac, MI to St. Louis.

John Troxler

Re: RBBB Circus Train Photos

another

another

Date: 11/15/04 17:18

another

Date: 11/15/04 17:18

one more after this

Date: 11/15/04 17:19

The end :^ )

Date: 11/16/04 09:15
This will be the 133rd Edition's LAST WEEK...
Author: rbx551985

The Red Unit's Circus Train, pictured above, is also noted in this week's online "ezine," published by the show, as "enroute to St. Louis, MO." In fact, their 5-day engagement there will be the FINAL performances of the 133rd Edition (the show's 1st official Edition was in 1871). Next Monday, the train will depart St. Louis for Florida, where the all-new 135th Edition will begin rehearsing during December, for the Red Unit's 2006-2006 (two-year) tour of that show.

The show's official online "Ezine" mentioned above -- with a note about the [train-run] move to St. Louis as the second feature in the left-hand column -- can be viewed at this LINK:

http://www.ringling.com/weekly/ezine267.htm

Meanwhile, their sister show, the Blue Unit, will continue with the second half of its 2-year tour with the 134th Edition.

Date: 11/16/04 09:35
OOOOPS -- that should instead be the 2005-2006 tour...
Author: rbx551985

OOOOPS! In the thread above, I must have been typing faster than the computer could accept the key-strokes... the 2006-2006 is an error. It should instead read: the 2005-2006 tour.

It might also help if I was a better proof-reader ... !

Date: 11/16/04 15:17
Author: GTSD40

Sunday night, I was the CN/GTW conductor on that train. Double it up at Orion yard, in Auburn Hills, (they did the show at the Palace of Auburn Hills, Mich, where the Detroit Pistons play). From Orion we took the train down to the NS Oakwood yard in Melvindale for the crew change.

Date: 11/16/04 15:44

GTSD40 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sunday night, I was the CN/GTW conductor on that
> train. Double it up at Orion yard, in Auburn
> Hills, (they did the show at the Palace of Auburn
> Hills, Mich, where the Detroit Pistons play).
> From Orion we took the train down to the NS
> Oakwood yard in Melvindale for the crew change.

Heard the power was WC & GTW units. Wish they would have been left on for the trip to St. Louis.

Date: 11/16/04 16:56
Author: GTSD40

no, prior to coming to Auburn Hills, I believe the circus was in Grand Rapids, Michigan. and the it had the same power leaving Grand Rapids. Not sure which way it came from Grand Rapids, if came via the CSX ex C&O/PM line to Detroit from interchange with the CN/GTW or if it went all the way down to Elkhart and to Detroit via Toledo.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0532 seconds