Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn SP MT-# 4-8-2. Any official announcement?

Date: 07/25/06 11:24
Athearn SP MT-# 4-8-2. Any official announcement?
Author: M-420

Has there been an official announcement from Athearn regarding the MT-3 in HO? I read some preliminary info regarding possible configurations etc, but no estimated delivery schedule or other.

Has there been official word or did I miss something (again)?

Brian E

Date: 07/25/06 18:08
Re: Athearn SP MT-# 4-8-2. Any official announcement?
Author: steamdiesel

I emailed Athearn yesterday about this subject. They only will say the product will be available sometime in 2007. No specifics about cars, engines etc. Stay tuned for more info in a few months.

Date: 07/28/06 14:23
Re: Athearn SP MT-# 4-8-2. Any official announcement?
Author: CarlLaFong

m420 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has there been an official announcement from
> Athearn regarding the MT-3 in HO? I read some
> preliminary info regarding possible configurations
> etc, but no estimated delivery schedule or other.
>
> Has there been official word or did I miss
> something (again)?

Apparently, a small booklet was handed out at the NMRA Convention in Philadelphia earlier this month, and it mentioned a number of new products:
HO Clay Slurry Tank Car
HO SD45 (the former RPP shell)
HO and N F45s and FP45s (all new Genesis tooling in HO and, of course, all new tooling in N)
HO Union Pacific FEF-3 4-8-4 steam locomotive
HO Southern Pacific MT-4 4-8-2 steam locomotive
HO Southern Pacific "Daylight" passenger cars.

No real details were given (I saw one of the booklets that a friend brought back from the show, so I am going off memory here). The photo of the MT-4 was of one without the skyline casing, but with the announcement of "Daylight" cars one would easily assume that a version with skyline casings will be forthcoming, since the combination would create a nice model of a "San Joaquin Daylight."

So, yes, there has been an official announcement, but no details. One would suspect that they will be forthcoming as these projects get closer to completion.

Carl

Oh yeah ... the MP15AC was also in the booklet.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds