Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Model Railroading > rock island dome for red

Date: 07/25/06 18:15
rock island dome for red
Author: gp74444

Date: 07/26/06 13:33
Re: rock island dome for red
Author: Red

I don't model in O--but that would make a mighty fine mantel piece!

Now--how on earth did that thing end up getting built? Looks like somebody's been reading Trainorders. I suspect that the "New Rock" idea predates this!!!

Talk about coincidences!!!

Date: 07/26/06 14:51
Author: fjc

Looks pretty kewl, though maybe MTH does varied roads like other manufacturers do to make aditional sales.

Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't model in O--but that would make a mighty
> fine mantel piece!
>
> Now--how on earth did that thing end up getting
> built? Looks like somebody's been reading
> Trainorders. I suspect that the "New Rock" idea
> predates this!!!
>
> Talk about coincidences!!!

Date: 07/26/06 18:58

LOL thought you would like it . I dont know why i did a search in o scale but when it showed up i almost fell off my chair!

Date: 07/28/06 17:01
Red Loses Out on Great Dome, But RI Gets GEVOs!!!

gp74444 Wrote:
> LOL thought you would like it . I dont know why i
> did a search in o scale but when it showed up i
> almost fell off my chair!

Well, sir...Rich...did you win the car? I think I could have gotten it--but somebody kept raising me a dollar every time I raised it a dollar, and said "To Heck With It".

But--the Rock Island & Pacific does have its new GE ES44AC GEVOs, RI 8350--8449 all online, to pair up with its 150 EMD SD70ACes in the 6300 Class. 50 were delivered in 2005, and 50 more were delivered in 2006. No more new units the rest of the year, but, the "New Rock" has already signed a letter of intent with EMD and GE for 50 more SD70ACes and 50 more ES44ACs for Fiscal Year 2007, to handle new coal contracts, and out of control intermodal traffic on the ex-Milwaukee Road "PACIFIC EXTENSION".

The Class Unit GEVO, RI ES44AC 8350, was captured with sister 8410 in the Pacific Northwest on an eastbound intermodal just a few days ago. Thanks to Jim England of the Trainsim-Backshop and General Electric for these new goodies, and thanks to Larry "RRNut99" Gholson for his "RI ES44AC Painting Guide", and, to Hank "Georgiaroad" Stephens for additional texture work which aided Jim. ;-)

Date: 07/28/06 17:17
Re: Red Loses Out on Great Dome, But RI Gets GEVOs!!!

Well, sir...Rich...did you win the car? I think I could have gotten it--but somebody kept raising me a dollar every time I raised it a dollar, and said "To Heck With It".

LOL NO I DIDNT BID ON IT .you had it up till 17 sec left .

Date: 07/28/06 19:45
Re: Red Loses Out on Great Dome, But RI Gets GEVOs!!!

gp74444 Wrote:
> Well, sir...Rich...did you win the car? I think I
> could have gotten it--but somebody kept raising me
> a dollar every time I raised it a dollar, and said
> "To Heck With It".
>
> LOL NO I DIDNT BID ON IT .you had it up till 17
> sec left .

You have GOT to be kidding me!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Date: 07/28/06 20:29
Oh Well--I Have it on my PC--LOL!!!

Thanks to Bruce "ATSF90East" Sebring--at least I can see the Rock Island Great Dome "ROCKETDOME" on my PC in MSTS, complete with interior view. Sure did want it in my display case, though!!!!!

Hopefully, the fellow will let loose with another one. However--just so everybody understands--GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :-(

Date: 07/29/06 11:22
Re: Oh Well--I Have it on my PC--LOL!!!

cars are looking sweet ! now if i can only get it to work on my comp . :+(

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0539 seconds