Home Open Account Help 210 users online

Model Railroading > 1" Scale Revenue Moves

Date: 01/24/12 12:55
1" Scale Revenue Moves
Author: Inthehole

The 1" scale, 4 3/4" gauge American River Navigation and Railway had to make some revenue moves this week. First, a freeze was expected down to a hopping 28 degrees overnight (yes, it's nice to live in Calif if you can put up with all the nuts here), so a run to the orange grove was made and a car spotted at the fruit dock. Later that afternoon, Northern Electric #10 went out to collect the car full of oranges to be sent to the marmalade plant next door. The car is Francis Moseley's old gon, and he probably never thought it would leave soylent green service. It carried 15-20 pounds of oranges.

On Friday it started to rain and by Saturday night, the carload of firewood spotted at the back door was empty. #10 was once again called as it started to sprinkle to change out the empty and swap it with one of the loads next door. Going up the 3% grades on slick rails made the job tougher, but more fun. (If I wanted easy, I would have just pushed the cars instead.) The second pic is the motor after its run with water all over, ready for drying and tying down in the engine shed.

Matt Mason
Editor
The Home Railway Journal
www.homerailwayjournal.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/12 12:56 by Inthehole.

Date: 01/24/12 13:59
Re: 1" Scale Revenue Moves
Author: Lighter

I can't quite read the lettering on the cab. Does it say "Hustler?"

Date: 01/24/12 14:13
Author: Inthehole

The loco is not based on the hustler, it is the Riding Railkits 4-wheel switcher. However, I did think that when I built it. It is a paint scheme directly inspired by one of the Hustler paint schemes.

Date: 01/25/12 08:14
Author: schmo

I like it! The predecesor of CSX's Tropicana Juice train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds