Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Model Railroading > oops, not a model

Date: 04/09/13 17:41
oops, not a model
Author: lizzard_45

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,3044059

When I first looked at photo number one, I thought some one had done some excellent modeling...but it's real.

Paul Liddiard
Spanish Fork, UT

Date: 04/09/13 17:55
Re: oops, not a model
Author: SWChief

You are right. That really does look like some fine modeling. That seen is worth modeling!

Greg

Date: 04/09/13 18:52
Author: TCnR

"me too"

The scenery looks like a poor lichen or ground foam on top of a first time zip texturing, the trestle is close but too much red/brown to it. Besides, nobody builds a wood trestle with that many sets of pilings (bents?). Four geeps on a branch? They're not even the same colors. What about the background, it looks like a left over bathroom latex.

Oops.

Date: 04/09/13 21:30
Author: SWChief

Good points. Even the lighting has a model layout feel to it! I am really liking that seen. I may just have to model it myself.

Enjoying the hobby,

Greg

Date: 04/10/13 05:47
Author: kestrel

Obviously it HAS to be a model. The CNW would NEVER assemble such a hodge-podge of locomotives like that... EVER!!

Okay, I'll stop with the sarcasm. However, I think that would be a great picture to use as inspiration as a "model-able" scene.

Thanks
Vince

Date: 04/10/13 16:41
Author: wpdude

It sure does look like a model scene. All your missing is a Kadee coupler on the lead unit! :-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds