Home Open Account Help 389 users online

Model Railroading > Eastbound out of Phoenix

Date: 07/02/15 20:25
Eastbound out of Phoenix
Author: Santafes95

5036 leads a trio of SD40-2's on the latest manifest train to Kansas City out of Phoenix. The train picked up 6 cars in Glendale Yard before leaving town.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/02/15 20:51
Re: Eastbound out of Phoenix
Author: warrenpweiss

Oh, that is beautiful !

Warren

Date: 07/03/15 05:29
Author: BaylorMax

Looks great!

Needs rain. :)

Steve Barkley

Date: 07/03/15 06:38
Author: binder001

Very nice.  My personal favorite is the steel trestle.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 07/03/15 06:42
Author: iaisfan

Really nice!  After adding that Glendale fill, is that a pretty standard train length for your layout, around 19 cars?  The reason I ask is that my trains typically work out to anywhere from 12-20 cars, with 13-car unit grain trains representing the prototype's 50-car trains.  So, I was encouraged after watching this video to go back and see that this train only had 13, because it didn't strike me as looking too short.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 07/03/15 09:43
Author: Santafes95

Thanks for the compliments guys. Joe I love your Iowa Interstate Layout. The scenery is awesome.  I attached a couple of quick shots from my phone. My train length is only limited by the staging yard tracks and the grade of the helix.
I have five trains in the staging yard. The 90 MACs are pulling a 20 car coal train and the GP 60 M's are pulling two spine cars sets and a 53' spine car set with a single car on the end.  I have three Dash 9's pulling a JB Hunt Stack train with three five packs a two single cars. I would say that my trains are usually about 15-18 cars long. The other problem is running four engine consists, which is typical on the ATSF!  The one siding I have on the mainline on the top level is plenty long enough to hold a 20 car train. As everyone can attest, you can never have a large enough staging yard!
John

Date: 07/03/15 14:03
Author: iaisfan

Thanks very much John. I'd love to see your layout plan sometime if you'd care to share it.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 07/04/15 13:52
Author: RFandPFan

Very nice video, thanks for posting.

Date: 07/19/15 18:52
Author: nsmith8853

Niiiiice John, nice. I want to come over and run again soon! 

Nicholas Smith
Kansas City, MO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0509 seconds