Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Passenger Trains > .

Date: 05/06/13 12:35
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/20 19:43 by F40PHR231.

Date: 05/06/13 12:47
Re: The diet Pepsi that went flat
Author: amtrak34east

You sure made one heck of a loop to shoot this train, but the photos above made that loop well worth it! Great job Chris!

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/13 13:05 by amtrak34east.

Date: 05/06/13 13:11
Author: daniel3197

Totally AWESOME AWESOME photos Chris !!
I am just SPELLBOUND by your photographic gifts and storytelling that you have shared!! WOW WOW WOW !!!
If the opportinity presents itself you need to share your gifts by doing a Winterail program.
Your photos are TOP NOTCH and remind me of many many Winterail programs I have seen.
I know the Winterail producers and Vic Neves would be drooling after seeing this posting !!!

ALWAYS ALWAYS Remember as you did to GRAB the Railfan opportunity when it presents itself. Future circumstances may prevent ANYONE from having the same opportunity to repeat. This thought has helped me numerous times to have grand railfan adventures. I would have otherwise MISSED these if I presumed that there would be a 2nd future chance to repeat things. This is why I INSTANTLY bought a ticket aboard the David Gunn Tehachapi Starlight #11 of 10-23-05. I had been waiting 20 years to ride a passenger train over Tehachapi and I just knew this was my BIG CHANCE and I took it. I am now forever grateful that I was BLESSED with such an opportunity as well as the mid 1980s railfan weekends I took to Tehachapi and the LA Basin. Of course there is NO WAY to repeat those trips today with the ALWAYS very very FRIENDLY crews (people) that I enjoyed in the 1980s + seeing the Beautiful ATSF and SP trains of the 1980s era.

Bless your HEART and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this little adventure with us.
--- Daniel

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/13 14:12 by daniel3197.

Date: 05/06/13 13:24
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Chris -- those are some awesome photos!
I am VERY glad you went to all that trouble
and got these amazing photos. Definitely
Winterail quality-- especially the one
showing the beautiful starry sky.

Date: 05/06/13 15:55
Author: Frontrunner

EMD to the rescue....again.

Date: 05/06/13 16:49
Author: toledopatch

Calling the repainted B32-8WH's "Diet Pepsi" is very clever.

Date: 05/06/13 16:57
Author: DTrainshooter

I've done that run to catch the semaphores in NM before and it's quite expensive in terms of gas burnt and wear and tear on a vehicle for just one train...BUT, I must say Chris that you certainly made it worthwhile! Great shots (I like the first one a lot) and thank you for sharing them here with us on TO. The first semaphore shot before the train arrived is also very nice...just look at all those stars! Not much light pollution in Wagon Mound to be sure!

Date: 05/06/13 19:36
Author: Louis-MI

Your photos are stunning and beautiful, both the daytime and nighttime shots. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Photos like yours are reason enough to subscribe to Trainorders.

Date: 05/06/13 22:46
Author: 4451Puff

Passenger Trains > The diet Pepsi that went flat

Best thread title ever, and the night shots are phenomenal!

-Des

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/13 22:48 by 4451Puff.

Date: 05/07/13 01:09
Author: mp51w

My vote is for picture's #2 and 8! Awesome!

Date: 05/07/13 02:00
Author: alco636

Great shots, thanks for sharing!

Posted from Android

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 05/07/13 05:53
Author: ddkid

Clue me in. What is special about 509? Why should one care enough about it to make a trip just to see and photograph it?

Date: 05/07/13 08:53
Author: ProAmtrak

When's the last time you seen a Pepsi Can leading the Chief, even though I doubt fuel problems was the main reason why they kept the SD70 on the lead!

Date: 05/07/13 09:57
Author: SoCalCynic

I second what Louis-MI wrote - awe-inspiring work!

Date: 05/07/13 11:35
Author: oilcan

Dash 8's are rarely used on trains 3/4, much less on the point. That consist is a lottery ticket of catch with that SD70MAC.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/07/13 11:47
Author: ddkid

I suppose, but that is one dog-a$$ ugly locomotive, and I wouldn't cross the street to see it.

Date: 05/07/13 15:41
Author: GenePoon

ddkid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I suppose, but that is one dog-a$$ ugly
> locomotive, and I wouldn't cross the street to see
> it.

The current scheme on the 500s is Exhibit A as to why they should be returned to
the REAL Pepsi-Can scheme. Cesar Vergara knew what he had to work with, and what
to do about it.

Date: 05/07/13 19:18
Author: DNRY122

Those semaphores and stars photos are FABULOUS! I haven't seen that many stars since the last time I went to the Griffith Planetarium in Los Angeles.

Date: 05/07/13 20:09
Author: octrax

Love that Semaphore night pic!! :- D

Date: 05/07/13 20:11
Author: octrax

That Diet Pepsi That Went Flat... Good Riddance!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/13 20:12 by octrax.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0558 seconds