Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Passenger Trains > Today's Crescent

Date: 10/01/13 18:15
Today's Crescent
Author: gambletrainman

Does anyone know what happened to the Crescent? I was following the east coast tracking, and it's showing the Crescent almost at Richmond. I went to Amtrak Status, and it's showing service disruption south of Philadelphia. Too bad it's dark right now (I can't drive at night), otherwise I'd see it when it comes thru Petersburg

Date: 10/01/13 18:32
Re: Today's Crescent
Author: Ptolemy

The Crescent doesn't go through Richmond or Petersburg. But I see it is shown on that line: is it being rerouted?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/13 18:35 by Ptolemy.

Date: 10/01/13 18:33
Author: chuchubob

I caught train 19 Crescent approaching 30th Street Station in Philadelphia eight minutes early.

Date: 10/01/13 19:20
Author: RevRandy

Looks like it is heading to Raleigh via Selma, then onto Greensboro, NC, and back onto the Southern (opps, NS) there. following the usual route of 79 (Carolinian). But why??

Date: 10/01/13 19:38
Author: DirtyShirt

NS train 36Q derailed at Ruffin, NC (between Greensboro, NC and Danville, VA) today. This has resulted in the southbound Crescent detouring on the route of the Carolinian via Richmond, Rocky Mount, Selma and Raleigh back to its normal route at Greensboro. Last I heard, the track was expected to be open in time for tonight's northbound Crescent, but that is subject to change.

Date: 10/01/13 20:30
Author: GenePoon

Posted this evening at All Aboard:

> Train 19 is being detoured via Richmond to Raleigh to Greensboro due to NS derailment north of Greensboro.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/photo-gallery.aspx?storyid=300775

Date: 10/02/13 13:30
Author: RevRandy

with the detour, 19 only down less than 2 hours at Greensboro, NC. Not bad for the situation.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds