Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Passenger Trains > Pullman Rail Journeys equipment questions

Date: 04/10/15 22:21
Pullman Rail Journeys equipment questions
Author: Amtrak288

Can anyone here tell me the car histories of their cars "Belleville" and "Adirondack Club"?  I got photos of these 2 cars last November when I was on my big trip and will include pix of them in my travelogue.  Any info on the cars would be appreciated. Thanks...

Date: 04/11/15 06:53
Re: Pullman Rail Journeys equipment questions
Author: rswebber

BELLEVILLE was an original name for an IC 11 bedroom Sleeper built by PS Plan 4168-A - Not sure which car the CLUB was.  Or that BELLEVILLE is that same car or, as they like IC,that's the name they used. 

Date: 04/11/15 07:00

ADIRONDACK CLUB is ex C&O BLUE RIDGE CLUB.   One of 8 Sleeper-Observation 5-Bedroom-Buffet-Lounge Square End Observation in Lot 6863, Plan 4165  

Date: 04/11/15 07:42
Author: railaddict

The Belllville is the former Silver Quail, CB&Q 11 bedroom car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/15 14:20 by railaddict.

Date: 04/11/15 16:52

SILVER QUAIL was a CZ 6-5 car, originally.   Last I had heard, it was an American Rail Excursions car.  but then, Ed has been picking up a lot of equipment lately!   The car is certainly not the original car of that name (BELLEVILLE) as it is an obvious Budd-built car, and surprisingly, they didn't modify the lower sheething to be flat/slab sided.  

Date: 04/11/15 20:21
Author: jberlin

The SILVER THRUSH, sister to SILVER QUAIL, is currently listed for sale on www.railswap.org.

Date: 04/12/15 14:45
Author: MILW16

rswebber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SILVER QUAIL was a CZ 6-5 car, originally.  
> Last I had heard, it was an American Rail
> Excursions car.  but then, Ed has been picking up
> a lot of equipment lately!   The car is
> certainly not the original car of that name
> (BELLEVILLE) as it is an obvious Budd-built car,
> and surprisingly, they didn't modify the lower
> sheething to be flat/slab sided.  

Pullman Rail Journeys/Iowa Pacific's Belleville is indeed the former CZ/CB&Q 6-5 Silver Quail.  Technically the Silver Quail still is a 6-5 though it has been refered to as an 11-bedroom car since Amtrak days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/15 14:46 by MILW16.

Date: 04/13/15 12:07
Author: Shortline

I rode it a year and a half or so NOL-CHI, apparently right after IP bought it. Was still in silver CBQ then, I understand now it's been painted/wrapped in the IPH colors. Was a great trip, really enjoyed it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds