Home Open Account Help 181 users online

Passenger Trains > Service Disrupted Train 7 (6/24)

Date: 06/26/16 04:50
Service Disrupted Train 7 (6/24)
Author: viatrainrider

Noted service disrupted Train 7 (6/24) passing through Glasgow, MT last night (sat) at 10:10 PM, about 81/2 hours late.  Was told by BNSF guy in BNSF crew room at Glasgow station that delays were due to track washout east of here and that "everything was backed up."  Indeed there was a major storm here Friday evening with winds reported by NOAA peaking at 57 MPH and heavy rain.  Worse east of here at Wolf Point and beyond.

Does anyone know if this Train 7 will be short turned at Spokane and buses provided for passengers to Seattle?  Otherwise, train will be very late at Seattle, beyond the time it is normally supposed to be turned and headed back east.

Date: 06/26/16 13:35
Re: Service Disrupted Train 7 (6/24)
Author: MP733

The plan as of 1 pm Sunday is to run them through to Portland and Seattle. Yes, they will be very late arriving; yes, 8/28 (26)  will be very late departing; no. I do not know why they aren't planning to turn at Spokane.

Date: 06/26/16 15:02
Author: yarrow

MP733 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The plan as of 1 pm Sunday is to run them through
> to Portland and Seattle. Yes, they will be very
> late arriving; yes, 8/28 (26)  will be very late
> departing; no. I do not know why they aren't
> planning to turn at Spokane.

no charter buses avaiable in spokane according to amtrak.  there is a big event in town this weekend so it may be true.  we were supposed to be on 7 to seattle but with the train running over 11 hours late we reconsidered.  7 should have left spokane at 2:15 this morning.  actually left a bit after 1:30 this afternoon.  doubt 8/28 will leave sea/pdx much before midnight tonight 

Date: 06/26/16 15:41
Author: czephyr17

yarrow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MP733 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

> no charter buses avaiable in spokane according to
> amtrak.  there is a big event in town this
> weekend so it may be true.  

Yes, Hoopfest.  Spokane Hoopfest is the biggest 3-on-3 basketball tournament on Earth. That means over 7,000 teams, 3,000 volunteers, 225,000 fans and 450 courts spanning 42 city blocks! Beyond basketball, it is an outdoor festival with shopping, food and interactive entertainment!

Date: 06/27/16 08:30
Author: Auburn_Ed

I too was booked on #8 yesterday, just a quick turn to Whitefish and back.  Had a car reserved in Whitefish for the day (today).  Up until 2200 or so last night they still were advertising a 2230 departure.  Knowing much earlier that a turn that quick would be impossible, I rebooked to Tuesday,  Both Amtrack and the car rental company in Whitefish were very understanding and both quickly re-booked my reservations for Tuesday/Wednesday.  Seems thay've seen this before.  Glad I didn't try to stick with them last night.  This trip is courtesy af a voucher received last year for being 24 HOURS late into Chicago!

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds