Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Passenger Trains > Leaman Place, Pa. (Paradise)

Date: 09/05/05 10:33
Leaman Place, Pa. (Paradise)
Author: AmkTktAgt

Does anyone know the status of the proposed Amtrak stop at Leaman Place, Pa. (Paradise)? I read about this a couple of years ago and the source mentioned that a station/platform would be constructed and that a turntable would be included in the project for Strasburg RR operations. With a turntable at Paradise and East Strasburg (RR Musuem of Pa.) I'm assuming that the locomotive would no longer run in reverse to Paradise.

Date: 09/05/05 10:39
Re: Leaman Place, Pa. (Paradise)
Author: NGotwalt

Its probably going in in the next year or two, however it wlll be a stop for CorridorOne trains, not Keystone Service trains. CorridorOne is what we are all hoping will become the regional rail service provider. CorridorOne runs from Lancaster to Carlisle, coming up the Keystone to Harrisburg, then crossing the River on the old Susquehanna River bridge that Amtrak currrently uses as a wye.
Cheers,
Nick

Date: 09/05/05 18:46
Author: jp1822

I read that it will be a stop for the Keystone corridor trains. Amtrak and PADOT were the main "talkers," plus they were receiving some advice from the Strasburg RR and PA RR Museum folks.

Date: 09/05/05 22:59
Author: mp109

Corridor One trains will run WEST from Lancaster, Leaman Place is EAST of Lancaster. So it would be a stop for Amtrak's Keystone Service trains.

Date: 09/06/05 09:03
Author: NGotwalt

You know I grew up in Harrisburg and I should know that Lehman Place is east but you know I always get that bass ackwards.
Nick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0284 seconds