Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Railfan Technology > sample D5100 video clip

Date: 11/08/14 14:12
sample D5100 video clip
Author: calsubd

sample

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/08/14 14:35
Re: sample D5100 video clip
Author: jkh2cpu

So far, so good. Now you need a steady cam or a tripod, and a few trains, of course :-)

John.

Date: 11/08/14 15:01
Author: calsubd

THANK YOU

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 11/08/14 18:39
Author: tq-07fan

Any video I've posted here on trainorders has always been with my D5000. I have been very pleased with it, in fact I have not bought a separate digital video camera as a result. What I do is use a 32GB SD Class 10 SD card from Microcenter. The Class of SD card is more important than how much memory as the higher class allows the camera to 'write' to the SD card faster. I change back to a lower class 8GB SD for still shots.

The mike is not too bad either, in the linked video the moan heard is when the wind almost blew me (and the tripod and camera) over. For being that windy it is still not too bad and you can still hear the steam locomotive and train clatter even though it is likely coasting through here.
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?17,3483812
I have also taken some night video and it does OK there too.

Have fun with it!

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/14 18:40 by tq-07fan.

Date: 11/09/14 06:31
Author: jkh2cpu

Wow! Thanks for that link! Clanky old beast, I'd say :-)

John.

Date: 11/09/14 07:59
Author: TCnR

That is interesting, part of the justification of my D5000 was the video potential. At the time there was talk of Video crews using the 'newer' DSLR's in place of full Video gear.

I've heard all sorts of differing opinions and have not tried to chase it down. I'll have to work my way through the manual and try it out. Have been checking out those Vermont Short line videos in YouTube, there's always something.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds