Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Railfan Technology > Scanner App. Update

Date: 07/15/15 10:21
Scanner App. Update
Author: RFandPFan

Many of us use the railroad scanner app on our smartphones, see... http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?9,3782925

My vehicle stereo does not have a plug in for a smartphone and one of the issues with the scanner app is that you have to rely on the crappy speaker on your phone to listen to the radio feeds.  Well, a local news team has a consumer guy that rates products and he had one recently that gave me an idea.

The device uses either a Bluetooth connection or direct wired connect (there are USB and earphone jacks on the device) and then broadcasts it via FM radio to your car stereo.  The ones I've seen in the past were terrible and had a lot of static.  This one does not, it is very clear.  Of course, it is designed to play your music files on your radio (iTunes, mp3, etc.,) but it also works great for broadcasting the railroad radio scanner app.  It makes the scanner app much easier to listen to with clear sound and much better volume than the phone speaker.  This device will also charge your phone and allows for phone calls when scanning.

I am not connected in any way to the manufacturer and am piosting the below link for information only.  I'm sure there are similar ones out there.  This was less than $50.00 shipped.  Hope this is useful to some of you...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PPGOC0/?m=A17IS3V46S4DN9&ref_=pe_823600_114105210

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/15 10:22 by RFandPFan.

Date: 07/17/15 21:43
Re: Scanner App. Update
Author: norm1153

Well, thanks for this!  I just ordered one.  For exactly the same reason with my smartphone which has scanner apps, but now I can also play my Sony NW-ZX1 128GB music player.

Date: 07/18/15 11:28

norm1153 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, thanks for this!  I just ordered one.  For
> exactly the same reason with my smartphone which
> has scanner apps, but now I can also play my Sony
> NW-ZX1 128GB music player.

You should be pleased with it. Glad I could help.

Date: 08/04/15 19:29
Author: gandydancer4

I have an iPhone 6. Care to tell me which APP your using for the scanner? Thank you and thanks for the info. :-)

Date: 08/06/15 06:44

gandydancer4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have an iPhone 6. Care to tell me which APP your
> using for the scanner? Thank you and thanks for
> the info. :-)
> ​

Scanner Radio Deluxe

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0469 seconds