Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Railfan Technology > direct photo post from smartphone?

Date: 07/15/15 08:10
direct photo post from smartphone?
Author: fbe

Is there anyway to post a photo taken with a smartphone without downloading it to a folder on a computer and posting from there?

The phone is running Windows 8.1.

Yes, I did try a search but after selection of Railfan Technology to search the search defaults back to All Forums and anything with photo or post in the text comes up. I quit when I was 20 pages deep.

I don't intend to post action photos this way but there are some questions on the modelers forum or nostalgia which could be answered pretty quickly this way.

Thanks

Posted from win8.1 phone

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/15 18:14 by fbe.

Date: 07/15/15 09:40
Re: direct photo post from smartphone?
Author: OCVarnes

What a coincidence. I was thinking about the same thing earlier this morning and was planning to post my question later the day, but "fbe" beat me to it.

OCV

Date: 07/15/15 18:17

There seems some way to send photos to the cloud for storage. If these can be accessed by the TO ATTACH function to compose there may be a solution.

I need to see about setting up the cloud stuff on the phone.

Anyone else with a smart phone and cloud experience want to jump in here?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/15/15 19:04

Let's give this a try.

Well, guess what? There is no attach photo on the compose page on my mobile version. So that ends this quest until Todd pulls off another software upgrade.

I did get the photo file stored into the cloud so I may try to download it from there using a laptop rather than downloading it to the laptop then sending it to TO posts.

This may take a while.

Date: 07/18/15 16:37
Author: imrl

I posted a how to in this thread a year or so ago. It's in reference to an Apple device bbt should generally work for any smart device, phones and tablets included. 

Date: 07/19/15 10:19

I tried the skip mobile template for the Windows 8.1 phone and still do not get the attach nor send private reply functions.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds