Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New Depot for Kemmerer, Wyoming.

Date: 09/19/14 21:54
New Depot for Kemmerer, Wyoming.
Author: badtanker1987

On older post on TOs Kemmerer, Wyoming is said to be washed up-gone. Kemmerer is down to one local and the Road Master is out of Montpelier, Idaho with an office in Kemmerer. It felt like it might be the end of Kemmerer as a railroad town, however my father is retired UP and heard a rumor Union Pacific was going to replace the depot in Kemmerer. I didn't believe him since there are more rumors in this town than antelope but I checked google and after a few minutes I found it. On "A Pleasant Construction" website I found "Union Pacific Yard Office Kemmerer, WY" under the bidding tab. The plans show it being west of the current one. Maybe Kemmerer is not as washed up as feared, maybe Uncle Pete knows more than we do.

Link: http://www.apleasantconstruction.com/html/plans_and_specs.html

Photo 1: Classic Kemmerer Depot sometime in the 1970s. With a sharp looking DDA40X going east.
Photo 2: Replacement Depot built in the late 1970s. Hope the new one will be better looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/14 21:56 by badtanker1987.

Date: 09/20/14 05:47
Re: New Depot for Kemmerer, Wyoming.
Author: GPutz

badtanker1987 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Photo 1: Classic Kemmerer Depot sometime in the 1970s. With a sharp looking DDA40X going east. Photo 2: Replacement Depot built in the late 1970s. Hope the new one will be better looking.
-------------------------------------------------------
That's 8/11/74. Gerry

Date: 09/20/14 10:43
Author: x6924w

Some of the coldest nights I ever experienced was working the 3rd or 4th Kemmerers during the winter months in the 80s and 90s. Also some of the prettiest night skies I have ever saw.

Dave

Date: 09/20/14 11:42
Author: fbe

I spent the night in Kemmerer this spring, I would say there were 5-6 trains a day for the two days I was there. Seemed to be quiet until the afternoon then things picked up.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds