Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Unstoppable Photoshop on Mason St.

Date: 09/19/14 22:03
Unstoppable Photoshop on Mason St.
Author: highgreengraphics

On 9-15 a northbound oil train empty bound for Fort Laramie, WY, whistles up Mason St. in Fort Collins, CO amid trees showing their first taste of Autumn. It is led by the same CP AC4400 that was repainted and relettered AWVR Allegheny & West Virginia Railroad and numbered 777 for the movie "Unstoppable". The giveaway plow striping was pretty ratty so I went nuts and colored in what was barely there, averaged the colors which turned out to be WP orange, then changed the tint to be the proper somewhat dirtied yellow, so now it looks to be the part. I debated on closing the hose doors and getting rid of the hoses in the pilot, but I thought leaving them open just as they were would look more authentic. How you like? It took about an hour to get the striping to look just right, but the bright side is that spray cleaner and rags were not even necessary! === === = === JLH

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/14 22:06 by highgreengraphics.

Date: 09/20/14 05:39
Re: Unstoppable Photoshop on Mason St.
Author: GPutz

Thanks. You're such a stickler for detail. Gerry

Date: 09/20/14 05:42
Author: SP8595

Even with a ratty plow, a nice catch!

Date: 09/20/14 07:21
Author: nsrlink

we see the "after" why not put the "before" in this thread for comparison

Date: 09/20/14 09:08
Author: highgreengraphics

...Because I am embarrassed at how crummy the "before" looks! So here is the "basic" which was built upon... === === = === JLH

Date: 09/20/14 15:06
Author: ns1000

NIIIIICE...!!!

Date: 09/20/14 21:20
Author: grandroad

Highgreen - Terrific work on the computer. I like it.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds