Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Steam & Excursion > more live steam

Date: 11/18/04 15:46
more live steam
Author: xtra1188w

After the recent threads by Frosty, I thought that this article in the Green Light, the D&RGW's company news magazine and/or newspaper, was kind of interesting. I wonder where these models are today?

Con

Date: 11/20/04 17:46
Re: more live steam
Author: grande473

I have run the Moffat Mallet at a Black Forest steam meet. Milt Fick was great at allowing the rookies, in this case my brothers and I, to run the engine. It took him years to get the timing down on the valves. It almost ended up on the fireplace mantle.
Mr. Squires, referred to in the story, had an engine that was completed in 1919. Bill Daney, who buiilt the Pueblo City Park train and steam locomotives for Scottsdale's Paradise and Pacific was in the group as were many others.

Date: 11/22/04 11:39
Re: more live steam
Author: CPRR

I hope they still survive, but in most cases, the locos are sitting in a garage, storage bin, or at a club, not running. Often, when a live steamer passes on, the wife has no idea what they are worth. At LALS, there are locos and cars sitting in the barn that have not moved in years....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds