Home Open Account Help 196 users online

Steam & Excursion > NKP 765

Date: 11/18/04 12:01
NKP 765
Author: csx5000

I remember seein this loco many years ago when i was very young. i cant remember the year but i do remember seein her in CSX lima yard. what i would love to know is this- one where is she at, 2 can i get pics and 3 is she accessable. I know its a berkshire built by the lima locomotive works as there is another preserved in lima at lincoln park. ive seen that one many times and shes a beuty. I also think there is a Shay perserved at the allen county museam, but im unsure of that. any help woudld be thankful. im plannin on heading to lima to check out the new CF&E and do a bit of fannin with my dad
railfan1 out

Date: 11/18/04 12:40
Re: NKP 765
Author: cando2716

NKP 765 is currently located in New Haven, IN at the Casad Industrial Park east of Fort Wayne, IN. You can find out more at http://www.765.org. The group is currently finishing up a multi-year complete restoration of the locomotive. I hope this helps you.

Cando2716

Date: 11/18/04 14:26
Author: nycman

Clickable Link
http://www.765.org

Date: 11/18/04 17:47
Author: NYCSTL8

The little Shay you refer to never left town, working for the Lima Stone. Co. at its quarry, and then just escaping the torch and going to the Allen County Museum on Metcalf St. The Shay has its own bldg., and is visible through a large window from Metcalf St. I'm not sure whether there is access to the interior of the bldg. If the children's bldg. at the museum is open when you go, be sure to see the HO rr. in there, which is very nicely done. Although not rr. related, be sure to see the Dillinger area in the basement of the museum. Very interesting....

Date: 11/20/04 20:38
Author: NKP779

The FWRHS shop is at 15808 Edgerton Road, New Haven, IN 46774. With that address, you can map it on the internet. You can stop in during the week, but that is iffy. Much better odds are on Saturday, and Sunday is not quite as good. There are published runs of Santa's Caboose, a WAB caboose pulled by diesel 1231, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Dec. 4, and Dec. 11. With the holidays coming, those will be the only dates that are for sure. You can email the Society by using the link on the www.765.org web site if you want to ask about any other specific dates. Wayne York, FWRHS Secretary

Date: 11/23/04 15:54
Author: csx5000

thanks a bunch. i thinkin of seein her again
railfan1 out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds