Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Nostalgia & History > The CCT @ Lodi & Stockton California

Date: 11/10/12 07:30
The CCT @ Lodi & Stockton California
Author: lamta_jay

Back in the early 1990's my work took me to Lodi and Stockton California every other week. I really didn't see the CCT running very often but when they did while I was there this is what I got pictures of.
The first shot is my favorite, street running to the packing house the actually was right next to the SP mainline. In this shot look ahead of the train and you can see the RR crossing signals for the SP. This is the only time I saw it running down the street. May of 1990
The second shot taken in 1991 in the lovely Tule Fog that covers the valley from Bakersfield to Redding. In this shot they are just about done for the day and heading back to Lodi.
The third shot taken in Stockton right near the old CCT car house. Train is ready to head north to Lodi. Taken in March of 1990.

As per most of these pictures from California I have not been back since I took these. I understand the street running is gone and the motive power has changed. They probably no longer use a caboose !

I hope you have found these of interest and THANKS for the look!

Jay

Date: 11/10/12 08:14
Re: The CCT @ Lodi & Stockton California
Author: spjim

See http://coastdaylight.com/lodi/lodi.html for more photos of Lodi.

J. Lancaster

Date: 11/10/12 08:36
Author: CZ20

I really enjoy photo #1. If you look carefully you can see the world's first A&W site. As a teenager I spent many afternoons with a root beer float watching blocks of refrigerated of grapes traveling from packing sheds on the street in front of the A&W.

Date: 11/10/12 08:57
Author: zephyrus

Cool shots. I caught the CCT on the street a few times. Always amazed me how fast they ran on there. Just held the horn down and went for it.

The street trackage is gone and the caboose is now preserved at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum at Portola, CA. (Thanks again to the CCT for this awesome donation.)

The 1790 still works the line, though. She was given some heavy repairs and new paint several years ago. However, they seem to like their new genset, so who knows how long the 1790 will last.

Z

Date: 11/10/12 10:06
Author: hoggerdoug

The third picture, are those two gons British Columbia Railway (BCR)?? sure a long way from home, wonder what they were being used for. Doug

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds