Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Railfan Gaming > What add-ons do you want?

Date: 05/14/01 09:59
What add-ons do you want?
Author: rob_e

What routes would you folks like to see? What Locomotives?
What other features? My list to start would be, Routes; Cajon from San Ber' to Barstow, Mojave division, OK who am I kidin' the ATSF main from LA to Chicago. I'll just add another Hard disk. The loop from Mojave to Bakersfield. The PRR line over Horseshoe curve. Recreate the FEC from Miami to Key West. My local choice would be the Southern Atlanta to Washington line.
Locomotives; F units in any paint scheme, my favorite would be the FT's that started it and something later like a F-7 or FP-7. The E-6.
Alco PA and FA's. SD-9, GP-7. How about a Southern Ps-4 Pacific, a USRA 2-8-2 ,SantaFe 4-8-4. Of course there's alot of others I'd love to see but thats my hotlist. What about you?

Date: 05/14/01 11:09
RE: What add-ons do you want?
Author: SDP-35

I would add the almight SD40-2, GP-35, SD-45, SD-50/60, SD-70M,
AC4400CW, SD-90/43MAC, AC6000CW, C40-8W, C40-9W, C39-8, B39/40-8,
The SD-90MAC II, and add train symbols to the trains. I'd add the
Rabbit Line, the Cotton Belt Route, the Sunset Route, The KP line,
the old SP SPCSL, the NS Bluefield coal fields, the Powder River
Coal basin route, Tennesse Pass, Stevens pass, The BNSF Highline
complete with manually operated sidings, The I-5 Corridor,
The BNSF Thayer sub to Memphis, The Triple Track Main and Overland
Route, and Marysville Sub. Its a lot but thats what I wish. And
all the locos in all Class 1 colors(I doubt that happens) And
some leasing loco colors too. And throw in the 6936, the 3985,
the UP E-9 set, the Cotton Belt 819, the 844, and a few F-units.
I'd love to run some F units on a fast intermodal. Its a big
wish list but thats what I'd add on.

Date: 05/14/01 14:23
Author: lightbg

Anywhere Conrail ran with a SW-1500 looking as raunchy and beat up as they were in real life........Jake.

Date: 05/14/01 20:50
Author: rninrvr

Lets not forget the B&O over sandpatch. To get into the cab of an E8 at Cumberland, MD with 3 other E units and the 16 car Capitol Limited behind, then race to the start of the grade and fight up to summit and over to Pittsburg.

Date: 05/15/01 09:30
Electrification
Author: inthehole

Anything with catenary or third rail. Can you imaging switching in Grand Central Terminal and gapping the motor? It would really take some skill.

Date: 05/17/01 12:45
Author: plug_it

I'd like to see Cajon from Barstow to San Bernardino, and a 1950's Super Chief to run on it.

And an F40PH to pull the Amtrak stuff.

plug_it

Date: 05/17/01 23:39
Author: cjones00

illinois cental E8
illinois central GP9
NYC E units
great northern F units

illinois central chicago-new orleans
NYC chicago-NY
duluth missabe & iron range

i think those would keep me occupied.

casey jones

Date: 05/18/01 21:30
Author: DRGW3155

I can't wait to see Tennessee Pass be reopened. (on the computer screen of course!) Just imagine 4 units upfront with 5 more cut in mid-train and about 70 coal cars. Of course we will need some SD50's, SD40T-2's, SD45's, and some GP30's and 35's. The Geep's would be nice on a short, fast priority train on the Utah desert. But wait, thats a whole other line right there...

Thats the greatest thing about this new simulator. If it really takes off and the after market software starts to flow, no line will have to stay abandoned. We will be able to run trains on any line we like, whether the real railroads still see it as a viable line or not.

We should all be glad that Bill Gates has a little bit of railfan in him. See you all in a computer store around June 8th!

DRGW3155
Mark Sodja

Date: 05/19/01 05:58
Author: TriangleRoute

How about a little extra realism? Say, you spend 12 hours playing it, and then half to tie up your train in a siding. a cool feature would be to have the computer "dispatcher" tell you the taxi has been orderd, and then you have to wait 3 hours for it to show up, before you can play any more? Or, when you're stoped in a siding to meet one, a cyber trainmaster comes on, and asks to see your bullitens, rule book, shoes, safety glasses etc? And the coolest would be if the computer would call your house at 245 AM to "call" you for a train. now THAT would be fun! lol
No kidding though, something I would like to see is a feature that allows you to select an era to play. 1950-60, 1970-80, 1990-present kind of thing. Running a 1950 streamliner one day, a pair of SD40's with a manifest freight the next, and today a lashup of widebodies on an intermodal. Really, I guess I would be happy with 1950-60, and present day. Not just engines, paint and cars though, I mean different scenery, no "amshacks" no 2001 ford F150's at crossings, no glass front highrises etc. Make it look like 1950. Hopefully, there will be enough of a market for MS to decide to do add ons, like with the venerable flight sim program scenery add ons, etc. I am a little skeptical however. Is there really much of a market outside of the railfan community I wonder? And, if not, will the railfan community be enough of a market to justify the orriginal program, let alone investing in add on features? Only time will tell I assume. As an asside, how about the realism? Are there timetables with speed restrictions, "dispatchers", or grade maps?or do you just "drive"?
TR
Savannah Ga

Date: 05/21/01 05:08
Author: heracles87

Erie Lackawanna routes....

I think it would be great to actually experience Marion, Ohio from the cab of a Alco PA....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0652 seconds