Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Railfan Gaming > Train Dispatcher 3 Demo?

Date: 05/19/01 20:16
Train Dispatcher 3 Demo?
Author: ns-dash8

Hi:
Has anyone tryed the Train Dispatcher 3 Demo yet? If so is it worth the download? Also what routes can you dispatch in the demo?
Thanks,
ns-dash8

Date: 05/20/01 05:25
RE: Train Dispatcher 3 Demo?
Author: hammer

Ns-dash-8,
Hey I dont know what the latest lets you play, but if you are going to download, it is pretty fun, i have had the other for years, and you can run on any territory, once you buy it of course. They also offer free territories, which I have quite a few. Like I have stated I do not have the newest one, but I do have the older version, also GREAT customer service, which I had to call when I got a new computer, (just checking if I could install it there as well). Make sure that if you do decide to purchase, get a busier type of territory cause it WILL be way more interesting and fun, not to mention you'll be almost ripping your hair out. On my original free download they gave you 4 territories, and my favorite was Washington to Philly....very busy and it takes a (few??) hours to finish. Still cool game nonetheless, especially when TrainSim is taking awhile.
Have Fun
PlayHard
TheHammer
Mark

Date: 05/20/01 06:43
Train Dispatcher 3
Author: odub

I have TD3, been playing it for about three months. For me, the demo just didn't let you play long enough. The number of available territories is becoming staggering. Some of the free ones have glitches, but most are pretty neat.

As a former BN dispatcher, I have to say that it's fun without the pressure. Not exactly true to life, but pretty close in many respects.

Date: 05/24/01 10:20
RE: Train Dispatcher 3
Author: railvidpro

In my opinion this is the best RR simulation since the invention of sliced bread It is very interesting and can become addictive

The demo is truncated but it is just to show you what the program can do

with over 400 track territories (freeware and forsale)available from all over the world it has something for everyone interested in dispatching a real RR

If you want the whole program TD2 is available as freeware from signals web site it doesn't have all the bells and whistles associated with TD3 but it's a good start

Enjoy

Lou

Date: 05/24/01 21:18
Author: bobs

I downloaded the demo for TD2 and was hooked (they warn you that might happen) so I bought the program. I agree with the other posters. It is fun, and seemed pretty realistic. It took me months to work out the NE Corridor, Trenton to NY, and for the weekday simulation I had to slow it down to 2X at one point (it can run as high as 40X regular clock speed).

As good as TD2 was, TD3 is better. They have added capabilities to simulate just about anything that could happen on a real railroad, from crews dying on the clock to equipment breakdowns, etc. I haven't run any of the TD3-enabled territories yet, just some for TD2, but highly recommend it.

Date: 05/25/01 08:09
Author: cdub

I would have to say if you have an interest in Train Dispatcher simulation games, TD3 is the way to go. TD3 has much greater capabilities that I don't know why anybody would want to use TD2, except for the fact that it is now free to the public. Here are the major differences I see between 2 & 3 that weren't mentioned above:

-You can enter upto 1000 train entrys with TD3 (TD2 only goes upto 200)

-There can be upto 10 different train types with TD3 (TD2 only has 4)

-You can specify different train speeds in each block for both directions in TD3, which is more realistic for upgrades (in TD2, you could only specify a speed for both directions)

-Train graphs showing time vs. distance can be generated in TD3 for each train

There's many more improvements in TD3, so those are just a few.

Date: 05/27/01 08:00
Author: pfhudson

Bob, glad you liked the NEC Trenton-NYC simulation. I designed and built it, and best that I can do is 4x on the fast clock.

Some good information on TD2 may be found at this site: http://www.paulk.net/dc/disp.htm
However, it has not been updated recently. Click on the link at that site for "Message Board on Delphi"....here is a forum where the persons who are involved with building many of the TD2 and TD3 simulations hang out.

I own the Track Builder program for TD2, and spend many weeks designing track territories (I guess I spent 40 hours researching and building the NEC territory), but again, like any popular computer game, it is addictive, and you're family may never see you again :-). I stopped after building 4 territories, as there are hundred's of territories already out there to play (some are good, some are poor).

I've not purchased TD3 yet, but it's just a matter of time before I do.

Paul De Luca
Omaha, NE

Date: 05/28/01 00:37
Author: Throttle_JCKY

NS Dash 8.
Since you are from Indiana, you might try and buy the NS Huntington District sim. covers the line from Peru to Detriot, with all of Fort Wayne, just like the real DS does. It is a full 8 hour sim, simulating the 1st trick dispatcher on a actual day per Conrail.

Date: 05/28/01 00:37

NS Dash 8.
Since you are from Indiana, you might try and buy the NS Huntington District sim. covers the line from Peru to Detriot, with all of Fort Wayne, just like the real DS does. It is a full 8 hour sim, simulating the 1st trick dispatcher on a actual day pre Conrail.

Date: 05/28/01 22:41
Author: ns-dash8

Hi:
where can i find the Demo to the NS's hunington district sim?
Thanks,
ns-dash8
p.s. i railfan that line at peru,IN all most every day.

Date: 06/01/01 14:45
RE: Train Dispatcher 3 Demo?

The Huntington-Detriot District is in the "Forsale" area. Well worth the money.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1298 seconds