2. Train Master 1,2,3,4 (TM4)
3. Bono View Express (BVE)
4. 3D Railroad Master
5. Trainsim

Dispatching Simulators
1. Train Dispatcher 1,2

Railroad Business/Stragey
1. Railroad Tycoon 1,2

There a ton more RR games, I just can't remember them all.

-Ted Curphey
funnelfan@icehouse.net

Date: 05/13/01 20:22
RE: Railroad Games
Author: lightbg

There's a company called Challenge Products that has a CD with 3 RR games on it:
1) RRSwitch
2) Freight Train
3) Trolley Time Challenge

These have been around a while ( pre-Windows ) and are side-scrollers. The graphics are dated, but there is valuable gameplay involved. In "RRSwitch", you have a loco and some cars spotted in random areas, and you have to beat a move and time clock to win by getting your train in the correct order with all cars spotted properly. In "Freight Train" you have to go from East Yard to West Yard ( left to right ) as a local freight while watching out for dispatcher slowdowns and Kamikaze through freights. "Trolley Time Challenge" I haven't played in a while, but it does involve timetable operations and passengers.
All in all, not a bad way to have fun with the kids...

Date: 05/13/01 21:05
Author: TriangleRoute

One more, but not for the PC. Anyone remember Sega? (no, the orriginal, black boxy looking one) I had a thing through my cable company called the sega channel, that had a plug in thing for sega, and for so much per month, I got like 50 games per month. Anyway, one of the games I could download and play was "thomas the Tank engine". No kidding! You could run thomas all over the place, pick up, and set off cars, and blow the horn all you wanted to. Dont remember all that much about it, my roomate andd I would get liquored up and play it all night long! (not a whole lot to do in Alaska in the winter BUT get drunk and play video games!) Anyhow, thought I'd throw that one out there.
TR
Savannah Ga

Date: 05/13/01 21:23
More Games Than Class 1's
Author: ccrider

Given the lists below, I might point out that there are more games listed that surviving Class 1 Railroads! Kinda scary isn't it?

Date: 05/14/01 05:55
Author: RobR

Greetings!

First, Train Dispatcher is now up to version 3, which has a lot more realism than TD2, including crews dying on the law and being dogcatched (dogcaught?), helpers, trains going into emergency, etc., etc., etc.

Then, there's a British company named SIAM that has some products that some people like. The only demo of theirs I played with was a DOS program, but it was really good. There's a Yahoo group called Signalbox that is devoted to railroad games. It's not all that active, but I think most of the members are on the other side of the pond and can talk more knowledgeably about rail sims over there.

Rob

Date: 05/15/01 11:23
Author: jedimaster

Ted,

I have a real old game for my Mac - the Mac Inooga Choo Choo. You can lay track & switches, run the trains, and do switching. I modeled my old Club in Colorado Springs with it.

John

Date: 06/02/01 08:42
3D Ultra Lionel TrainTown
Author: Paul_H

A very enjoyable model train game for the whole family:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?f=9&i=156&t=156

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0516 seconds