Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Canadian Railroads > Sunday around the Lower Mainland

Date: 02/23/15 17:33
Sunday around the Lower Mainland
Author: BCR4619

With partly sunny skies and warmish weather (went out in shorts) I headed out with Chris W. to see what we could catch!

With the SRY lockout rapidly approaching week 8 we heard the shops job calling the Fraser River Bridge to return to Trapp Yard.

1. Here we see the locked out employees shadowing the operations as a manager hurries to line a switch to the FRB, as the train went away he gave a sarcastic wave to the employees... in the second unit was a "Security Guard" filming us and the employees, Im sure he will love the video he got of us as I just took pictures of him!

2. As we headed out towards Roberts Bank to meet up with Elevation Media's Matt Robson we saw this southbound waiting for a crew at Brownsville

3. Getting closer to RB we heard a BNSF Coal train ready to depart and caught it after it took the signals at Gulf off the North Track. Highway 17B seen here on the right is the new road that was put in to get trucks from Thornton Yard to Roberts Bank relatively quick, it also helps avoiding tolls, but thats a whole other story!

Date: 02/23/15 17:36
Re: Sunday around the Lower Mainland

4/5. With directions from Chris we caught the train notching up for the highway 99 overpass with Mount Baker in the background

6. After being told to wait for BNSF 7901 South, the plan was changed and CP 8859 West gets her train up to speed as it is just about to take down the signal at Mud Bay.

Date: 02/23/15 17:39

7. After a head end pick-up at Colebrook BNSF 7901 and 2 CN units make the 10MPH trip across Mud Bay under a glorious West Coast sunset, This turned out to be my favourite shot of the day!

Cheers,
Christian

Date: 02/23/15 18:30
Author: greshe3

very nice pictures and the weather was just as good .Greg

Date: 02/23/15 19:43
Author: Train611

#4 and #5 are excellent.

Date: 02/23/15 19:47
Author: spdaylight

Christian

Great set of photos . . . number 4 & 7 are definite IOTD candidates!

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 02/23/15 21:26
Author: Vic_Guy

awesome stuff Christian! The weather has been amazing lately.

Chris Medland
Victoria, BC
My Flickr photos

Date: 02/24/15 09:24
Author: BN4364

You got my train twice, Christian! BNSF 7901 was the MVBCEVE!

Date: 02/24/15 17:29

Thanks everyone!

@BN4364 Hah, that I did!... and thanks for the train ID

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/15 17:30 by BCR4619.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0649 seconds