|Home||Open Account||Help||225 users online|
1. Postings and discussions should relate to the railroad hobby. Avoid foul language and conversations that some may find offensive. Racist comments will be subject to deletion. Discussions of non railroad related subjects including but not limited to web site management policies is prohibited.
2. Do not criticize spelling, phrasing, or other non content errors in a message. Many people are handicapped by their typing abilities, communication and equipment restraints such as a laptop with a tiny keyboard and screen. In addition, people are visiting from other areas of the world and English may not be their native language.
3. Avoid posting "Me Too" messages. These are messages that are posted by people who agree to a point being discussed and post one liner, "me too!" message. This takes up time as readers must sort through these messages which have no real value to the group at large.
5. Avoid childish behavior postings. These include geeky jokes and unsupported negative comments about a company, organization or person. If you attack someone your account will be deleted.
6. Our system allows you to upload images directly for posting within messages. Please keep these files small in size (400x300 pixels is a good size). You can test an image to see how it will post by using your browsers "open" selector under "file" in your browser's window. Jpegs (.jpg) and Gifs (.gif) are acceptable. If you include an image with your posting indicate it in the message title. However, the system no longer accepts html code to protect from unwanted viruses.
7. Trainorders.com reserves the right to remove any post for any reason.
8. Commercial postings are not permitted. Absolutely no Ebay auction listings.
9. Posting of images and videos should be done either to the Trainorders discussion forums, Trainorders Media Sharing feature or to the Trainorders member web space. Posting links directly to image files and image or video libraries off the Trainorders.com web site is prohibited, except when linking to non-member media for the purpose of answering an initial discussion posting. Initiating a new discussion about an image or video posted on another site is inappropriate. Trainorders.com reserves the right to remove messages where such links are deemed inappropriate or excessive.
10. Violation of web site rules may result in forfeiture of membership and any fees paid.
Photo Posting Guidelines
1. Trainorders.com Inc. reserves the right to remove any image for any reason.
2. Images should have some newsworthy or historical value that members of Trainorders.com as a whole shall find appealing.
3. Images should be less than 400k in size to conserve bandwidth.
How to Post an Image
With a photo editing software package, adjust the contrast, brightness and crop out un-necessary portions of the original camera image as necessary (save this image as a tif image for your records). Resize the photo to be no more than 900 pixels horizontal, or 1200 pixels vertical as the largest size dimension. 40
Save the new image as a jpeg (.jpg) image with image compression set to medium (some software packages, such as photoshop, allow you to see the final image size as you select the degree of compression). The image system will allow for file sizes up to 400k.
With a photo editing software package, adjust the contrast, brightness and crop out un-necessary portions of the original camera image as necessary. Resize the photo to be no more than 900 pixels horizontal, or 1200 pixels vertical as the largest size dimension.
Save as a jpeg (.jpg) image with image compression set to medium/high (some software packages, such as photoshop, allow you to see the final image size as you select the degree of compression).
Image file sizes will be on the order of 300-400k. You may go as large as 400k.
To post your image select "Start New Thread" or "Reply" and type your message in the message box. Then locate the image on your computer by clicking the "browse" button located below your message title. This will open a window on your screen that will allow you to select your image. After you have selected the image click the "Post" button to post your image. Remember to wait several seconds for the image to be transmitted to the Trainorders.com server. The system will create a thumbnail automatically. When complete you will automatically be returned to the discussion forums.