Home Open Account Help 207 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Question for BNSF/ATSF TYE Employees

Date: 12/01/01 19:16
Question for BNSF/ATSF TYE Employees
Author: SantaFe

Here's one for you. Can a man who exceeds his/her 48 bump, be force assigned to a job that is currently being held by a junior man. The person being forced has no standing bid for the job, and did not bump voluntarily.

Santa Fe

To keep this short and sweet, request that those not familiar with the agreements please refrain from replying, thanks.

Date: 12/01/01 19:45
RE: Road or Yard assingment
Author: brian

Would that be for a Road or Yard assingment. I have the contracts in my hand but don't know what book to look in. I am assuming it is for a ground position as enginears have 24 hrs to make a bump.

Brian

Date: 12/01/01 20:11
Author: SantaFe

Yard, ground service

Date: 12/01/01 23:36
Author: Conductor_Bear

Though not BNSF, on the UP , yes they could. If they do not place themselvs, they are then required to work what ever job their senoiority will hold (in case of engineers who were conductors, they could be forced to hold a conductors spot for a while.

Date: 12/02/01 11:25
Author: braska

BN side they could after 48 hours place you where your seniority.

Date: 12/02/01 11:59
Author: jere_engr

Really? When I worked on the BN in the early and mid 90s until early 1996, we had 30 days to mark up off a bump...That was on the old CB&Q side. Those where the days...

Date: 12/02/01 18:35
Author: Brakeman_Matt

BN former FRISCO agreement you would be placed either to the Brakeman and Switchman board displacing the most junior employee there. Somtimes crew management forgets about you for a while though. A lot of guys I know "hide" from crew management because the 48 hour clock doesn't start until you are officially notified. Stay off the computer, the VRU, and have someone else answer the telephone.

Date: 12/02/01 20:25
RE: Question for BNSF/ATSF TYE Employees
Author: Tex-Hogger

Yes, only after you have been notified. You have 48 hours as a condutor/yardman to mark up. If you don't they will force you to any vacancy, first, then force you to displace the junior person. But if you are in the yard only in the yard, unless there is no positions, then to the road, if there is any open positions, then if there is any junior persons on a road job there, then anyone junior to you on an outlying point job. That's the way it is here in a former ATSF terminal.

Tex-Hogger

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds