Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > railroad magazine collection

Date: 10/21/05 15:45
railroad magazine collection
Author: BobV

I'm not sure what to do with about 500 or so magazines beginning in the middle 70's. Titles are, Pacific News, Pacific Rail News, Rail News & Trains. Space limitations are forcing me to make a desicion. I live on the SF peninsula. Cargo ships, passenger liners & shipping companies are my primary interest & I have a large collection of brochures & magazines pertaining to this interest, some things dating back to the 30's. Thank you for any ideas. Bob

Date: 10/21/05 16:11
Re: railroad magazine collection
Author: alex14ramos

I'll take em. ; - )

Date: 10/21/05 16:23
Author: KeyRouteKen

You can't take them, Alex.. You're too busy chasing down railroad special agents on the UPRR.. (grin)

(Just Kidding!!)

KRK

Date: 10/21/05 16:31
Author: Platteville

I would be very interested in the mid-to-late 1990's, around 1994, 1995, and 1996, Pacific Rail News and Rail News, so I am sure there is a secondhand market for them. If looking to give away, or even sell for a nominal price, contact pointguard8@hotmail.com. I'd happily pay for shipping. Please don't throw them away, cause I am sure some use can be had of them.

Date: 10/21/05 17:20
Author: AC4400CWGEVO

Don't even forget that there is e-bay where everything can
be sold.. snow,sandwich,a forhead and so on, so some
magazines.. why not?

=)

Ac4400cwgevo

Date: 10/21/05 19:16
Author: toulyardgoat

Bob,

The Monterey & Salinas Valley Model Railroad Club & Historical Society maybe interested in your collection, especially the Pacific Rail News. Our collections of MR, MRC et al are incomplete and we'll be interested in issues we are missing.

We will happily give you a reciept for any donation. I am on the board of directors and you may contact me off-list if you like to donate.

Let me contact our librarian in the mean time.

Roger
MSVRR @ MP115 UP Coast Sub

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds